The market you have requested is no longer available online

Bazzer1

Question

Hi, I'm trying to close a position in Marula MIning PLC and whether I try to sell using a limit order or a quote, the order is rejected.

I've sold shares in the company today through another platform, and wonder why I can't exit the share on IG?

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Bazzer1 said:

Hi, I'm trying to close a position in Marula MIning PLC and whether I try to sell using a limit order or a quote, the order is rejected.

I've sold shares in the company today through another platform, and wonder why I can't exit the share on IG?

Dear @Bazzer1,

Hey there! Just wanted to let you know that when you request a quote order, there's no guarantee that it will be accepted by the market maker. It's always a good idea to double-check all your orders to make sure they're what you intended. We noticed that all your orders today were quote orders and no limit order was placed.

Thanks!

KoketsoIG

Please rate us on Trustpilot: IG Trustpilot 

5 hours ago, KoketsoIG said:

Dear @Bazzer1,

Hey there! Just wanted to let you know that when you request a quote order, there's no guarantee that it will be accepted by the market maker. It's always a good idea to double-check all your orders to make sure they're what you intended. We noticed that all your orders today were quote orders and no limit order was placed.

Thanks!

KoketsoIG

Hi, thanks for getting back to me, and I appreciate you looking into things.

However, I didn't just do quote orders: at 14:43 and 13:07 and 11:30 I tried to sell on Limit, only to have the oder rejected as "The market you have requested in no longer available online."

Any clarification you could offer would be useful.

Thanks

9 hours ago, Bazzer1 said:

Hi, thanks for getting back to me, and I appreciate you looking into things.

However, I didn't just do quote orders: at 14:43 and 13:07 and 11:30 I tried to sell on Limit, only to have the oder rejected as "The market you have requested in no longer available online."

Any clarification you could offer would be useful.

Thanks

Dear @Bazzer1,

Thank you for the update.

I apologize that you experienced some issues while placing your trade. Can you please kindly contact our helpdesk so that they can connect you with a Sales Trader?

All the best!

KoketsoIG

Please rate us on Trustpilot: IG Trustpilot 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Asian stocks are poised for their fifth consecutive month of gains, buoyed by expectations of cooling US inflation and potential Federal Reserve rate cuts. This optimism comes as markets await the release of the US core personal consumption expenditures (PCE) price index, the Fed's preferred inflation measure. Meanwhile, the yen has plummeted to a 38-year low against the dollar, driven by stark interest rate differentials between the US and Japan. The first US presidential debate between Joe Biden and Donald Trump had minimal impact on Asian markets, though US futures and the dollar rose slightly. Chinese markets reversed early losses to trade higher, while the euro weakened due to political turmoil in the EU ahead of France's first round elections on Sunday. In Japan, core consumer prices in Tokyo rose 2.1% in June, rising for a third month in a row. 
    • Crypto enthusiasts, take note: Bitget's KCGI 2024 Prize Draw is approaching. Set for June 28 at 12PM UTC, this event offers an interesting mix of rewards for participants in the crypto space. The prize pool includes some notable items: - A Ferrari sports car - Rolex watches - Footballs signed by Messi While these prizes are certainly attention-grabbing, it's worth considering the event in the broader context of crypto trading and investment strategies. For those interested in Bitget's activities or looking to engage more with the platform, this event could provide an opportunity to learn more about their offerings. As with any crypto-related event, it's advisable to approach with a balanced perspective. Consider your own goals and risk tolerance before participating. If you're curious, you can tune into the livestream to see how it unfolds. Remember, while prizes can be exciting, they shouldn't be the primary motivation for engaging with any crypto platform. Always prioritize informed decision-making in your crypto journey. #KCGI #BitgetEvent #CryptoAwareness
    • FTSE 100 (UK) Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge Day Chart FTSE 100 (UK) Elliott Wave Technical Analysis FUNCTION: Trend MODE: Impulsive STRUCTURE: Orange Wave 5 POSITION: Navy Blue Wave 3 DIRECTION NEXT LOWER DEGREES: Navy Blue Wave 4 DETAILS: Orange wave 4 looking completed. Now orange wave 5 of navy blue wave 3 is in play. Wave Cancel invalid level: 7700.13 The FTSE 100 Elliott Wave analysis on the daily chart provides an insightful overview of the current market conditions using Elliott Wave Theory. Here's a detailed breakdown: Trend Identification: The market is trending, following a specific direction, not exhibiting sideways or erratic movements. Impulsive Mode: The current wave aligns with the overall trend, indicating strong market movement and a continuation of the prevailing trend. Wave Structure: We are in orange wave 5, the final wave in the impulsive sequence of the Elliott Wave cycle. This wave suggests the last leg of the upward movement before a potential larger correction. Current Position: Positioned in navy blue wave 3, indicating an upward phase within the larger impulsive trend. Next Lower Degrees Direction: After orange wave 5 completes, navy blue wave 4 is expected, marking a corrective phase, typically a pullback or retracement, before potentially resuming the upward trend.   FTSE 100 (UK) Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge Weekly Chart FTSE 100 (UK) Elliott Wave Technical Analysis FUNCTION: Trend MODE: Impulsive STRUCTURE: Orange Wave 5 POSITION: Navy Blue Wave 3 DIRECTION NEXT LOWER DEGREES: Navy Blue Wave 4 DETAILS: Orange wave 4 looking completed. Now orange wave 5 of navy blue wave 3 is in play. Wave Cancel invalid level: 7700.13 The FTSE 100 Elliott Wave analysis on the weekly chart provides a comprehensive overview of the current market conditions using Elliott Wave Theory. Here's a detailed breakdown: Trend Identification: The market is trending, moving in a specific direction rather than sideways or erratic movements. Impulsive Mode: The current wave aligns with the overall trend, indicating strong market movement and a continuation of the prevailing trend. Wave Structure: We are in orange wave 5, the final wave in the impulsive sequence of the Elliott Wave cycle. This wave suggests the last leg of the upward movement before a potential larger correction. Current Position: Positioned in navy blue wave 3, indicating an upward phase within the larger impulsive trend. Next Lower Degrees Direction: After orange wave 5 completes, navy blue wave 4 is expected, marking a corrective phase, typically a pullback or retracement, before potentially resuming the upward trend. Key Details: Completion of Orange Wave 4: Orange wave 4 appears complete, indicating the market is now in orange wave 5 of navy blue wave 3, a critical phase for traders looking to capitalize on the impulsive trend. Wave Cancellation Invalid Level: Set at 7700.13. Falling below this point invalidates the current wave count, necessitating a reevaluation of the wave structure. Summary: The FTSE 100 weekly chart analysis identifies: An impulsive trend within orange wave 5. Positioning in navy blue wave 3. Upcoming corrective phase as navy blue wave 4 after orange wave 5 completes. Orange wave 4 completion and progression into orange wave 5 of navy blue wave 3. A significant wave cancel invalid level at 7700.13.   Technical Analyst : Malik Awais Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
us