CFD account: No longer shows estimated Total Daily Running Costs

DB7

For a while, whilst trading in my CFD account, IG was showing the estimated total daily running cost before I entered a trade. Whilst it still shows approx opening/closing cost (namely the spread between bid/offer), for the last couple of weeks, I only see nil for total daily running costs. Is anyone else able to see the total estimated running costs?

I found it very helpful, even if only an estimate, as some instruments can have a very high cost of carry each day, which could be enough for me to decide to trade the instrument or not.

If IG Helpdesk could look into this, it would be extremely helpful.

Thank you

3 hours ago, DB7 said:

For a while, whilst trading in my CFD account, IG was showing the estimated total daily running cost before I entered a trade. Whilst it still shows approx opening/closing cost (namely the spread between bid/offer), for the last couple of weeks, I only see nil for total daily running costs. Is anyone else able to see the total estimated running costs?

I found it very helpful, even if only an estimate, as some instruments can have a very high cost of carry each day, which could be enough for me to decide to trade the instrument or not.

If IG Helpdesk could look into this, it would be extremely helpful.

Thank you

Hi @DB7,

Thank you for reaching out. Please make sure you are looking at cash contract instruments, not forwards or futures contracts. You should see an indicative estimated daily cost.

image.png 

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

- KoketsoIG