Spread Bet Orders Not Being Filled

LanceWalton

Question

Hi.

I'm new so please forgive what might be a basic question.

I created a buy order last night (7 March 2024) for Senior PLC (SNR) with an end date & time of 17:00 today (8th of March 2024). The price level is set to £163.27. Last night before close the price was £166.18. Between 08:00 & 08:15 this morning, the price opened at £159.80, & had a low of £157.80. Last night the Buy/Sell spread was a little over £1 & it is around the same now. Given that the low between 08:00 & 08:15 this morning was way lower than the price level of my buy order (the difference is £5.47) & about 4-5 times bigger than the spread last night & the spread now (about £1, why didn't the order get filled? Did the spread increase massively during that 15 minutes, or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks,

Lance

image.png.a36829f8d3e20a99730e99e8ba98e523.png

3 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Just had another one. I've got a Buy order on Chemring at £342.51. This morning it reached a low of £333.65 but the order was not filled. Given the current spread, it seems like it should have been.

image.thumb.png.8774a08b73c3845170f9c383f20e5929.png

Edited by LanceWalton

OK. I think I've just answered the question for myself. I have an order on Firstgroup, & I can see a biggish movement in price & it looks like the spread has widened considerably:

image.png.15a40c19c0c8c97730e46b1556ab0a95.png

So, yes. Big sudden movements have an immediate, significant effect on the spread.

Hey, I hope you are well. From the questions and screenshots, I understand you're talking about a buy order and you're trying to deduce the price/spread from the bid chart. I hope you know that you could simply click on Bid (near 15 Mins) and choose Ask there - the chart will change to showing candles based on the ask price and you would no longer need to deduce, you would see the ask prices directly. I hope this helps.

Edited by neueneuen

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart, NEO / U.S. dollar(NEOUSD) NEOUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Double Corrective Position: Wave Y Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave (II) of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: 9.85 Details: Wave (II) is likely to have ended and prices are resuming the uptrend. NEO / U.S. dollar(NEOUSD)Trading Strategy: Overall, NEOUSD Wave (II) is likely to end at the 8.49 level and prices are resuming the uptrend. So look for opportunities to join the uptrend from short-term pullbacks. NEO / U.S. dollar(NEOUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is below the MA200 indicating a Downtrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bullish Momentum.   Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge H4 Chart, NEO / U.S. dollar(NEOUSD) NEOUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Double Corrective Position: Wave Y Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave (II) of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: 9.85 Details: Wave (II) is likely to have ended and prices are resuming the uptrend. NEO / U.S. dollar(NEOUSD)Trading Strategy: Overall, NEOUSD Wave (II) is likely to end at the 8.49 level and prices are resuming the uptrend. So look for opportunities to join the uptrend from short-term pullbacks. NEO / U.S. dollar(NEOUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is below the MA200 indicating a Downtrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bullish Momentum.   Technical Analyst : Kittiampon Somboonsod Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
    • I never thought I'd see the day where I could play exciting games on Telegram, but here we are! The pace of innovation is astonishing - I wouldn't be shocked if I found myself living on Mars soon! On a more grounded note, I've been exploring various new projects as an airdrop hunter.  The one  am currently checking out is OGC Mining Community, a Telegram-based gaming project that rewards users with tokens for playing games and completing tasks. What about you? Are you still enjoying Telegram games? Which ones have piqued your interest lately?
    • Commodity Markets Technical Analysis Elliott Wave Strategies for Bitcoin, Ether, Solana, TLT Bonds, US 10 Yr. Yields, USD/ DXY, UUP. Gold, GDX ETF, Silver, Copper, Nickel, Uranium, iron Ore, Crude Oil, Natural Gas  Commodity Market Elliott Wave Update:  Bitcoin & Ether, Wave iv) of 1 Dollar: DXY Wave b of (ii) rally. Bonds - higher. 10 Yr. Yields - lower Gold, GDX Wave (b) of  ii) Base Metals, Copper, Nickel, Uranium, iron Ore. Trend lower Natural Gas: Wave iv) corrective rally Crude Oil: Continue trending lower. Natural Gas Wave (iv) Trend lower Video Chapters 00:00 Bitcoin (BTC), Ether ETH/USD, SOLUSD 05:50 US Dollar Index, DXY / TLT Bonds. US Gov Bonds 10 Yr Yields 11:40 Precious Metals: Spot Gold XAU /GDX ETF / US Spot Silver XAG  14:25 Base Metals: Copper, Nickel, Uranium, iron Ore 18:30 Energy: Crude Oil WTI OIL / Natural Gas NG  26:24 End Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™ Source: tradinglounge com   
us