Creating a US options account

alpen

Question

If I am logged in to my IG spread betting account on a browser and go to the My IG dashboard there is a large 'IG Tastytrade' button top right  inviting me to 'Add an Account' . If I click in this area it takes me right back to the IG dashboard. On the android app in the 'add account' area it says 'No accounts to display'. Other users on this forum have stated they are able to add an account on both the app and browser but it is not working for me.

In an email from IG I was invited to 'Create an options account'. Clicking this link takes me to the 'Sign up for a live trading account with IG and start trading' new customer page and unsurprisingly I can't create a new account as I am already an IG customer.

Is anyone else having this issue (existing customer unable to create Tastytrade US options and futures account under their current IG customer Id)?

Can someone at IG look into this?

10 answers to this question

On 21/06/2024 at 18:04, alpen said:

If I am logged in to my IG spread betting account on a browser and go to the My IG dashboard there is a large 'IG Tastytrade' button top right  inviting me to 'Add an Account' . If I click in this area it takes me right back to the IG dashboard. On the android app in the 'add account' area it says 'No accounts to display'. Other users on this forum have stated they are able to add an account on both the app and browser but it is not working for me.

In an email from IG I was invited to 'Create an options account'. Clicking this link takes me to the 'Sign up for a live trading account with IG and start trading' new customer page and unsurprisingly I can't create a new account as I am already an IG customer.

Is anyone else having this issue (existing customer unable to create Tastytrade US options and futures account under their current IG customer Id)?

Can someone at IG look into this?

Dear @alpen,

Thank you for your post.

You should be able to add a US options account from 'add an account' on your dashboard. Can you please confirm if you are also experiencing the same issue when using web trading platform?

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

Please rate us on Trustpilot: IG Trustpilot 

Hello @KoketsoIG

Thanks for your response. I am experiencing the same issue on both the android app and the web trading platform (browser).

On the browser if I 'add an account' from the IG dashboard it takes me right back to the dashboard. The link expands to: https://www.ig.com/myig/goto/add_accounts?productCode=TASTYOPT but that page is not displayed, it immediately automatically redirects to https://www.ig.com/uk/myig/dashboard .

On the android app if I go to:
Account / Manage Accounts / Add an account
it just displays 'No accounts to display'

11 minutes ago, alpen said:

Hello @KoketsoIG

Thanks for your response. I am experiencing the same issue on both the android app and the web trading platform (browser).

On the browser if I 'add an account' from the IG dashboard it takes me right back to the dashboard. The link expands to: https://www.ig.com/myig/goto/add_accounts?productCode=TASTYOPT but that page is not displayed, it immediately automatically redirects to https://www.ig.com/uk/myig/dashboard .

On the android app if I go to:
Account / Manage Accounts / Add an account
it just displays 'No accounts to display'

Dear @alpen,

Thank you for your response.

Can you please clear your cookies, cached images and file data on your web browser and then try the link again? It should show this

image.png

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

Posted (edited)

Hi @KoketsoIG

This occurs on different browsers (chrome & edge) on different devices (chromebook and windows 10 and windows 11). I have cleared all cookies and data and the same thing happens. I have also tried under 'incognito' mode (which uses totally fresh cookies etc) and the same thing happens. Also, the fact that I also can't create an account when logged in on my android app would indicate there is something wrong at the account level which needs looking at by IG. There is absolutely nothing I can do to get this working.

Edited by alpen
  • Like 1

This has now been solved. I contacted IG via whatsapp and besides the above I mentioned that there was an old disabled spread betting account that was associated with my id - I suspected this might be causing the problem. They removed this account completely and voila! - now all is ok.

• Like 1
  • Great! 1
16 hours ago, alpen said:

This has now been solved. I contacted IG via whatsapp and besides the above I mentioned that there was an old disabled spread betting account that was associated with my id - I suspected this might be causing the problem. They removed this account completely and voila! - now all is ok.

Dear @alpen,

Thank you for providing an update.

We appreciate your patience in this.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

• Like 1