SGD/USD pair

Message added by JamesIG

This thread contains an account type known as "Limited Risk". Due to regulatory changes this account type no longer applies for European countries. If you have any questions relating to this, or wish to continue the discussion, please start a new thread. 

All, 

Am new to FX started off with cryptos and got irritated with unlongable for cryptos for IG. Anyone have experience for SGD/USD pair ? USD has been sliding against SGD steadily from 1.36 to 1.32x for the past few months. I am planning to short USD against SGD. I know this is not a major currency pair but anyone has any feedback or suggestions?

Thanks 

Thanks, trendfollower, well, I am residing in Singapore, over the past few months, I am observing USD is sliding against SGD for a few months from 1.36x to 1.32x, and last year economic growth is strong, and the central bank is expecting to let the dollar appreciate gradually when they announce their stand in Apr. I know it is a few months away. I am on a guaranteed stop loss of $1.34 since I am on a limited risk account. I have no other research on other currency pairs though.

Am new to FX. I am mainly into cryptos and its a lot of volatility and since IG long trades on BTC and ETH is rather limited, I am trying to trade other ways to make money. Or what other USD or other Forex pair is a safer bet?  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    Zeltuan
    Joined 28/09/22 08:19
    • Hi Anda, Thanks for the response. Could I ask you to clarify a few points please so that my understanding is correct: 1) when you say the ETF is not ISA eligible - do you mean specifically the ETFs that I mentioned (IDTG and ZROZ) or do you mean all US Government bond ETFs are not ISA eligible? 2) are you able to share any ETFs linked to US Government bonds that are ISA eligible or point me towards where I can find this out? 3) could you expand a little on what you mean by "we only offer US ETFs to professional traders at this point". What do you mean by US ETFs? Do you mean any/all ETFs specifically linked to US Government bonds (even if they are traded on the FTSE) or does this just include US Government bond ETFs traded in the US, or all US ETFs in general (including those not linked to Gov bonds)? Thanks!
    • Broadcom Inc., Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Broadcom Inc., (AVGO:NASDAQ): Daily Chart, September 28 2022,  AVGO Stock Market Analysis: I wanted to zoom out to show you how we are approaching thevolume point of control off the entire rally from the Covid-19 lows. AVGO Elliott Wave count: Z of (2). AVGO Trading Strategy: Looking for a clear sign of upside resumption to then place long termtrades. AVGO Technical Indicators:We have been in oversold territory for a while now that is couldbecome interesting to buy in the future. TradingLounge Analyst: Alessio Barretta         Broadcom Inc., AVGO: 4-hour Chart, September 28 2022 Broadcom Inc., Elliott Wave Technical Analysis AVGO Stock Market Analysis: I would be looking for further downside as the move down inwave {c} does not seem complete. In addition to that we are lookin at equality of W and Z at 424$. AVGO Elliott Wave count: {c} of Z. AVGO Technical Indicators:Below all averages in oversold territory.  AVGO Trading Strategy: Looking for short term shorts, eventually using the 20EMA asresistance as long as every upside pullback is in a three wave nature.
    • FTSE 100, DAX and S&P 500 hold their ground in early trading FTSE 100, DAX and S&P 500 hold their ground in early trading. Source: Bloomberg   Indices Shares Market trend S&P 500 DAX FTSE 100 Chris Beauchamp | Chief Market Analyst, London | Publication date: Wednesday 28 September 2022  FTSE 100 hovers at July support The index is sitting right at the 7050 support zone, which held back in July. A drop below 7000 marks a fresh bearish development, and would bring the 6874 level into view, last seen in March. Given the recent run of losses we might perhaps expect a rebound of sorts to develop, although for this to happen we would need to see a recovery above 7060, and then on above 7120. A longer-term bounce targets 7500 and then 7570, the highs from September and then August, respectively. Source: ProRealTime DAX probes recent lows There is little sign of a rebound here, with the index still close to Friday’s lows. A move back above the February and June lows of 12,400 would help to provide a more short-term bullish view, although the broader bearish outlook remains in place. Lower highs have been in place over recent months, so it would need a move above 13,500 to put a dent in this outlook. Further declines target 11,700, eating into yet more of the post-Covid rebound. Source: ProRealTime S&P 500 edges up off recent low June’s lows have been reached, after a huge decline since late August. If this level holds then the index may yet be able to stage a short-term bounce, targeting 3800 and then on towards 3900. The bigger bearish view remains intact however, given the lower high at 4127. The next major level to watch is 3582, and then on below that down to 3400. Source: ProRealTime