Sign in to follow this  

Franking Credits

Question

Hi Guys,

Relatively new to the world of share trading, however I like to think that I have done a fair amount of research.

While I understand that the shares held through IG are held in custody on my behalf, and not CHESS sponsored, I have just been paid my first dividends. These are fully franked dividends, as detailed on the company website/ ASX.

Are the rights to the franking credits still mine or are IG claiming these as their own, because on the IG statement there is no detail of the franking credit being passed on to me?

Regards, Jack

2 answers to this question

Hi ,  you will indeed be entitled for franking credits for any dividends received on your shares. Whilst they are not included in the daily statements, all details regarding franking credits will be available in your annual tax statement which will be sent out at the end of the tax year. 

I hope this will help.

Cheers

Jasmine

Guest Nai Nai
On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 13:58, JasmineC said:

Hi ,  you will indeed be entitled for franking credits for any dividends received on your shares. Whilst they are not included in the daily statements, all details regarding franking credits will be available in your annual tax statement which will be sent out at the end of the tax year. 

I hope this will help.

Cheers

Jasmine

Hi Jasmine,

What about if I receive normally fully franked dividends for BHP on CFD's? Will I still have the right to the franking credits and where is this posted on my end of year reports?