Sign in to follow this  

What do you think of the new ESMA proposals?

Guest Mr Grunchy

Planning to move my trading account (and money) out of the EU area. Cannot trade profitably under the new margin restrictions. Why does the whole UK finance system have to kowtow to the EU Big Brother Nanny State? UK should stand up to EU and not be puppets. UK should be running its own affairs. The vast majority of retail traders are doing it with their eyes wide open. The few idiots who think they can 'get rich quick' soon loose their money and are gone. We are all being penalised for the sake of a few idiots. Shame on the UK for going along with this. I wonder if the UK financial sector will have the guts to reverse all this EU nonsense after Brexit! I hope so ............... Ok rant over.

Guest Maddy

I think it's not about "the idiots", these are just their excuses for what they did. They don't wan't us to earn money this way, they just wanna limit it for rich ones.

11 hours ago, Guest Maddy said:

I think it's not about "the idiots", these are just their excuses for what they did. They don't wan't us to earn money this way, they just wanna limit it for rich ones.

Well that’s a ridiculous thing to say ... no offence but if you can’t even grasp roughly WHY they are implementing this (irrespective on whether or not you disagree with the HOW they are doing it) then you are the person these regulations are aimed at.