Can't set stop loss and limit order together!?

Question

If I purchase 10 shares in ABC stock at $100 and want to set a GTC Stop Loss at $97, along with a GTC Limit Order at $110, this is not possible. After placing the GTC Stop Loss for all 10 shares, it will tell me I have no shares available to set a GTC Limit Order with. Surely I am not the only one wanting to set and forget a few holdings. Is it possible to do this?

1 answer to this question

Yes I just noticed this! You can't even send a Market order to sell when you have a Stop Loss in place. I can do this on Trading 212, so why isn't it possible with IG share dealing?

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Stocksfollower
    Joined 24/11/20 20:55
    • In the UK, the median age of death from Covid is: - 81 for men - 85 for women (source: Office For National Statistics, 14 Oct 2020) The average life expectancy in the UK is: - 80 for men - 83 for women. (ZUBY:  @ZubyMusic)   If you take away the 95% aged and moribund you are left with just 1 death/million (Ireland), that's some pandemic 🤔 Meanwhile, short vid on mad teachers fear mongering plus some actual scientific facts, how did we get here?  
    • Dow approaching triple top. Through it and higher, or classic triple top reversal?
    • Hi all, On average are Forex markets more suited to mean reversion strategies than say indices or commodities? And do you choose your market type based on the conditions at the time or do you steer clear of some on purpose? Thanks for your insight