Sign in to follow this  

Late Dec ‘18 crypto rally

I'm interested why you would  go long and short on the same asset? Granted via different vehicles (i.e. spread bet and also underlying) but still the same thing none the less? Insight would be interesting.

When it comes to cryptos and ether specifically I think this is a very interesting article and one which everyone in the space should be reading: https://www.coindesk.com/why-the-cftcs-questions-about-ethereum-matter

Are Ether futures on the way?

The main thing the regulators seem to be worried about is creating links between a new and relatively unknown sub set asset class (of crypto) and real world finance. At the moment the two are very much separate, but adding futures, ETFs etc brings them all together. Especially as soon as you create corporates, corp debt, and a whole host of other real world financials. Match that with manipulation and you have the potential for significant issues.

When it comes to manipulation I think that's hilarious... just look at the big banks, look at Opec, look at governments and price manipulation, currency manipulation, exporting deflationary pressures... its a joke.

I get the reasoning but not the execution. If you're long/short the same asset you're just net neutral.

Ether running away at the moment, since the lows of mid December, as can be seen in the BTCETH pair.

Ether_Bitcoin_20190102_11.55.png

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Martin99
    Joined 24/09/20 00:40
    • A post about trade management. I did not follow my playbook with respect to the hourly charts and at this point on the charts I was sucking the air between my teeth sitting on a loss short the Nikkei. But the longer time frame aspect of the trade idea was not invalidated. The resistance at around 23400 had not been breached and the Dow was still below the 50 Day MA. I was prepared to start scaling out at a loss if that resistance was breached but a series of lower highs emerged on the hourly charts. As Mr Dante says try to open a trade as close to the point where you know your wrong as you can, which I failed to do.
    • ...think I just hi-jacked this thread that I had started...
    • fake bottoming pattern...  7 green candles in a row till slightly above previous high, with low volume... then sudden reversal...  should have been clear then that something has changed...  (like some large trader switching to whipsawing suckers...) and that this was likely not going anywhere anymore today...: