Sign in to follow this  

Using ISA cash funds to cover margin requirements for spread betting

Question

Guest IG User 234234

Hi I was wondering if someone could tell me whether if I transfer funds from another ISA account from another platform (all in cash) into IG, whether that would increase my funds in my spreadbetting account. Currently I am below equity for my spreadbetting account so I was wondering whether I could use my ISA account to increase my funds for my spreadbetting account so I don't get closed out.

Thank you. 

2 answers to this question

In theory you could if you were transferring from one ISA provider to another though it may take far longer than transferring the money from your bank or paying into your account by debit card. Bear that in mind. 

I assume you mean transferring funds from another ISA into your IG ISA to cover margin in your spread betting account? If that is the context of your question, then no. If you are looking to add money to your spread betting account, then I'm fairly sure it needs to come from a card or bank or paypal into spread betting account. You can't just transfer cash from an ISA share dealing account into your spread betting.

Better to just pay in using card or bank transfer.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Penn1806
    Joined 16/06/19 16:38
    • Bitcoin at 1:30 pm UK time is still holding up above $9k level which is good so far. It may not last and by tomorrow morning could be back below $9k or shooting up to $10k such is the unpredictability and volatility in Bitcoin. 
    • I wanted to just share the 'Monthly' Silver chart. I shall let you all draw your own conclusions and make your own predictions / assumptions.  Now have a look at the 'Weekly' chart below: For me one could argue that all the downside is played into Silver and any sight of significant bad new could lead to immense upside. It would be a 'Contrarian' type investment / trade but it would also be a 'buy and hope' investment and style. There is nothing wrong with that as long as one accepts that is what it may be. Right now time for some serious 'Flooding'. Apologies if you do not get a chance to this this post or my previous post on this thread due to severe 'Flooding'. The weather is bad in the UK. 😂
    • How is Iron Ore Commodities Interest Calculated with no futures markets?