Cannot move the stops!!!

OptionsTrader

Question

i have several 1 point and 2 points positions opened at the moment.

I move the stop to breakeven to walk away from the screen. I get the message "Position amended". And then the stop goes right back to initial place!!!

Why is that? It only happens with the £2 positions, the £1 positions I can change with no problem.

3 answers to this question

Hi @OptionsTrader, limits and stops will have a minimum distance whereby you cannot place them within the minimum points away. This might be one of the reasons why your stop amendments are rejected. I have looked into your account but could not find a £2 where your stop was rejected. If you could send us an email with the specific details we could look into it further for you.

3 hours ago, DanielaIG said:

Hi @OptionsTrader, limits and stops will have a minimum distance whereby you cannot place them within the minimum points away. This might be one of the reasons why your stop amendments are rejected. I have looked into your account but could not find a £2 where your stop was rejected. If you could send us an email with the specific details we could look into it further for you.

Thanks Daniela, I closed all the £2 positions since I could not be in front of the screen. I am opening £1 and £1.5 now and things seem to be working fine again. 

Also, I opened an order in the US Dollar basket but it does not show up in the chart?

us dola.png

42 minutes ago, OptionsTrader said:

Not to worry @DanielaIG it is showing up now

Thanks!

Thanks Daniela, I closed all the £2 positions since I could not be in front of the screen. I am opening £1 and £1.5 now and things seem to be working fine again. 

Also, I opened an order in the US Dollar basket but it does not show up in the chart?

us dola.png