Sign in to follow this  

Puredeal / iOS Trade Notes

It would be very useful if you could append a short text note to each trade when placed (a single text line in the 'enter trade' box would be fine) which then stayed with the trade throughout it's life, where you could enter your reason for the trade etc. You could then add a little 'i' icon to mouse-over on (shown) open positions and as a column on open positions. If the 'i' is clicked, the text is displayed (and editable I guess). Ideally, the text will copy to the permanent record which shows on 'transaction history etc, so that you can review your reasoning on historical trades.

Further enhancements are possible, for example a subject line for the text with 'reasons' (Short term TA, Long term TA, Fundamental, Signal Tip, Broker Rating .... and custom labels) and so on. The transaction report could then just contain the subject.

I too would very much appreciate the addition of this feature.  Not only would I like to be able to add notes to open positions where I could give my original reason for opening the trade but also edit throughout its life as circumstances change, but also to add notes to orders.