orders - minimum distance AUS 200

PJS

Question

Is there any reason I could not make an order within 120 points overnight 23/06/2016.  That seems an excessive distance from the actual price of the index  and even now during market open   the minimum is still 30 points.  What's going on anyone know?

1 answer to this question

I had a similar problem and contacted IG support and was told that it was to protect the clients. Despite explaining that limit order has nothing to do with protection. Limit is a simple way to place the order instead of staying glued to the screen to watch the price to come to the preferred level and then place the 'deal' order. It fell on deaf ears and they still are stuck to their view. Below is the response from Gio Pilides (IG Trading Services)

"I have spoken to my colleague Simon regarding your complaint, I believe you spoke to him earlier today. As he earlier, our indices desk have set minimum limit distances as we're looking to prevent clients from incurring large amounts of slippage in the volatile market. As Simon mentioned, if you call dealing team, they'd be glad to place an order closer to the market for you over the phone, however this is not possible through the platform"

My question is how can slippage problem (even if it is true) be solved by stopping clients from placing the orders with minimum distance of 90 points (sometimes 360 points) from current price for DOW 30? As long as the client gets the price better than the preferred price, how is slippage an issue? By the way other platform does not have such limits implying it is not a regulatory issue and cannot be.

Could some members comment on this issue?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• While browsing the web today, I stumbled upon the Apu Apustaja site, captivated by its melodious music and perfect rhythm. Intrigued, I delved into the project. APU stands out as a community-driven memecoin that emerged from the fallout of a rug-pulled project. Through unwavering dedication and transparency, the community resurrected APU, propelling it to become one of the fastest-growing memecoins, boasting a market capitalization of over $115M according to CoinMarketCap. A closer look reveals APU's ambitious aim: to emulate and surpass the success of PEPE. With leading exchanges like Bitget now listing APU, exposing it to a wider audience, it seems only a matter of time before this gem reaches a market cap of $500M or even $1B. What are your thoughts on this project? I encourage you to explore their website to get a firsthand glimpse of what I'm talking about.
    • Elliott Wave Analysis of Stock Markets: In today's update, I'm shifting focus to provide a broader perspective. With recent profit-taking in technology stocks, it's pertinent to examine the daily charts of major indices like the S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100, along with key tech companies including Apple, Tesla, Amazon, Nvidia, Microsoft, Meta Platforms, Netflix, and Alphabet. I'll discuss how these stocks are collectively aligning with their respective corrective pattern targets, offering a comprehensive view of the market's movements. Video Chapters 00:00 NASDAQ 100 (NDX) SP500 (SPX) 05:10 Apple (AAPL) 06:20 Amazon (AMZN) 06:57 NVIDIA (NVDA) 07:57 Meta Platforms (META) 08:53 Netflix (NFLX)  09:44 Alphabet (GOOGL) 10:49 Microsoft MSFT 12:44 Tesla (TSLA) 14:35 End Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™ Australian Financial Services Licence - AFSL 317817 Source: tradinglounge.com   
    • Would love to grab it at a little bit lower ...
us