Share dealing SIPP

Guest anders

Question

Hi, I'm thinking of transferring a portion of my Defined Contribution pension to an IG SIPP. I have a couple questions.

1. Is there a way to see the range of shares, ETFs, etc. that are available to buy with IG Index's Share dealing SIPP? I don't want to find out it's really limited after the fact. There doesn't appear to be a SIPP demo account.
  2. Are IG's "Share dealing SIPP" and "IG Smart Portfolio SIPP" separate products, or if I open the former, I can I also invest some money in a Smart Portfolio?

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

I contacted IG support about this, and the answer was I have to contact James Hay. There were able to confirm that, "You can sell the shares in your IG SIPP and move the proceeds to your Smart Portfolio."

Unfortunately James Hay don't have new fangled things such as an email address. As I don't have an account at James Hay, I'm left with contacting them on the phone. I thought I'd take another look at this today, and the jameshay.co.uk Website is down. Net result is I have zero confidence an IG SIPP would be a relaible or convientent service.

I appreciate there appears to be little interest in this, but hopefully this helps anyone else looking at their SIPP. This has cemented my decision to transfer my ISA away from IG Index too.

2019.10.12 jameshay.png

Guest Amarjit

I like IG as a whole and have had good experience with them. But James Hay seem apalling so far. They have failed to get a code to and it's been over a month. Plus when I phoned them they assured me someone would call me that day. Its been over a week.   So a plea to IG. Re evluate you your relationship with James Hay. Its not doing you any good at all if I take into account my experience.

I deal with Fidelity and their only shortcoming is lach of international share dealing to date.