"Points through current" option on PRT

Question

Hi
I am using ProRealtime v.10.3 through IG Index.

Last week I was getting a lot of rejected manual trades when price was moving quite fast. (price not available anymore).

Every time I received a rejected order, a pop up box said to place a"points through current" order which would reduce the number of rejected trades by basically setting a tolerance number of pips from market price to still open the order in fast moving markets if a price becomes available within the the tolerance number of pips. I am able to activate this setting on the IG Index new platform but is there any way I can get this setting to reflect on PRT when I take a trade?

I have asked PRT about this and they say its nothing they can set on the platform, it can only be applied by IG.

Many thanks

Mike

• Thanks 1

1 answer to this question

On 26/03/2020 at 06:47, Jaywalker said:

Hi
I am using ProRealtime v.10.3 through IG Index.

Last week I was getting a lot of rejected manual trades when price was moving quite fast. (price not available anymore).

Every time I received a rejected order, a pop up box said to place a"points through current" order which would reduce the number of rejected trades by basically setting a tolerance number of pips from market price to still open the order in fast moving markets if a price becomes available within the the tolerance number of pips. I am able to activate this setting on the IG Index new platform but is there any way I can get this setting to reflect on PRT when I take a trade?

I have asked PRT about this and they say its nothing they can set on the platform, it can only be applied by IG.

Many thanks

Mike

I have the same issue in my PRT setup. Could someone please answer this question?

Orders get rejected often when price moves fast. The warning says to utilize "points through current" order type - which seems to be only available on the Web Platform, and not PRT? Since the ProOrder jobs are automated - could you please advice how to set that option in the jobs?

Thank you.

- Rikki

• Thanks 1