"Points through current" option on PRT

Jaywalker

Question

Hi
I am using ProRealtime v.10.3 through IG Index.

Last week I was getting a lot of rejected manual trades when price was moving quite fast. (price not available anymore).

Every time I received a rejected order, a pop up box said to place a"points through current" order which would reduce the number of rejected trades by basically setting a tolerance number of pips from market price to still open the order in fast moving markets if a price becomes available within the the tolerance number of pips. I am able to activate this setting on the IG Index new platform but is there any way I can get this setting to reflect on PRT when I take a trade?

I have asked PRT about this and they say its nothing they can set on the platform, it can only be applied by IG.

Many thanks

Mike

• Thanks 1

1 answer to this question

On 26/03/2020 at 06:47, Jaywalker said:

Hi
I am using ProRealtime v.10.3 through IG Index.

Last week I was getting a lot of rejected manual trades when price was moving quite fast. (price not available anymore).

Every time I received a rejected order, a pop up box said to place a"points through current" order which would reduce the number of rejected trades by basically setting a tolerance number of pips from market price to still open the order in fast moving markets if a price becomes available within the the tolerance number of pips. I am able to activate this setting on the IG Index new platform but is there any way I can get this setting to reflect on PRT when I take a trade?

I have asked PRT about this and they say its nothing they can set on the platform, it can only be applied by IG.

Many thanks

Mike

I have the same issue in my PRT setup. Could someone please answer this question?

Orders get rejected often when price moves fast. The warning says to utilize "points through current" order type - which seems to be only available on the Web Platform, and not PRT? Since the ProOrder jobs are automated - could you please advice how to set that option in the jobs?

Thank you.

- Rikki

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    mxsonpxrker
    Joined 19/08/22 02:33
    • Hi @wendymo, Thank you for your post. Could you please clarify if you are trying to transfer in or out of IG? You might find some help here: https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-support/investments/transferring-investments Thank you - Arvin
    • DAX 40 Index Chart and Forecasts. FTSE 100 Index UKX, STOXX 50 Forex EURUSD DXY Dollar Index Elliott Wave Technical Analysis European Stock Market Daily News Headlines: UK consumer sentiment hits record low as inflation soars Elliott Wave Market Indices Summary: Wave 4 currently in Wave b) of 4 and Wave c) lower is still required. Trading Strategy: Short trades for the DAX and Stoxx see video for trade signals Video Chapters 00:00 DAX 40 (GDAXI)  04:31 EURO STOXX 50 06:57 UKX / FTSE 100  08:30 Forex EURUSD / DXY  13:40 Thanks for watching! Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™ Australian Financial Services Licence - AFSL 317817 Source: tradinglounge com  
    • US Stock Market NASDAQ, AMZN, AAPL, NVDA, TSLA, GOOGL, BRK.B, SQ, META, MSFT, BAC, JPM, GS. Elliott Wave Technical Analysis  Stock Market Summary: The top of Wave 3 appears to be in place and now stocks have started Wave b) of 4 US Stocks: Tesla TSLA, Amazon AMZN, Nvidia (NVDA), Apple AAPL, Microsoft MSFT, Berkshire Hathaway (BRK/B),Block, Inc (SQ), Facebook FB, Meta Platforms, Alphabet GOOGL. XFL Finance Sector ETF, JPMorgan JPM & Bank of America BAC. Stock Trading strategies: If Friday trade appears softer 20 minutes after the opening then look for short trade setups and because we are in Wave 4 a correction use smaller position sizes. Video Chapters 00:00 NASDAQ 100 00:01 Apple (AAPL) 12:15 NVIDIA (NVDA) 13:50 Amazon (AMZN) 15:00 Meta Platforms (META) 15:40 Tesla (TSLA) 17:38 Alphabet (GOOGL)  18:08 Microsoft (MSFT) 19:48 Berkshire Hathaway BRK/B 20:37 Square. Block Inc. (SQ)  21:50 Banks BAC, JPM, GS 27:10 End. Thanks for supporting! Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™ Australian Financial Services Licence - AFSL 317817 Source: tradinglounge com