Did I get charged commission twice?

Madeline

Question

I'm fairly new to trading on IG and trading as a whole so sorry if this seems a dumb question but I really need help.

So I was experimenting with VERY small amounts of money to get a feel for the platform and what it has to offer when I realised that Tesco PLC charged me 2 x £-10.00 (-£20) - I'm pretty sure I wasn't warned about the commission on my 'preview order' slide. But I'm okay with it. The point is, I've been charged £10 when opening the trade (understandable) and then another £10 after I closed the trade! Is this suppose to happen? I was on my phone when I made the trade and I know it sometimes charges more to do so, but I thought all costs are charged as soon as the position is placed.

(I provided a file showing a picture of the transactions taken by the trade)commission2.thumb.png.3d769e82d865400cfd6dcf483c0416ea.png

2 answers to this question

You get charged a transaction fee for Buying and a transaction fee for selling ( in this instance 10pound each time)
Might i suggest its best to do less trades but at a higher amount as otherwise the fees can cut into profits espceialyy if doing short time trades

• Thanks 1