NFP jitters in stocks?

I am short term bullish, long term bearish on stocks and in the run up to NFP tomorrow we have seen the usual whiplash jitters apparent on a market rally 100% reliant on central bank largess (some might say delusions of grandeur...) for sustainability.  Will a high number result in a rally because the economy is apparently strong or a drop because the Fed will have fewer excuses not to raise rates?  Will the reverse occur?  Who the **** knows?  FWIW (and that ain't much!) I think we will see a miss and a drop in USD on rate rises being once again put off).  This would finish off the retrace in GBP/EUR at least.

I have noticed some short term bearish signals and a possible market top (although I don't rate this as a high likelihood just yet, still it cannot be ignored).  Using the Dow, and you can see similar on other related markets, my Daily chart is showing a small possible head & shoulders formation with a neckline that has proved decent support so far.  The time period is not long enough for this to be a strong signal in my view but could represent a retrace signal (EWT 3-4 - see 4 Hourly chart).  For now I expect a retrace and/or rally up to the 19,000 area, which has been my target for the top for some time now with a confluence of 3 tramlines offering resistance.

On the 4 Hourly you can see a small scale H&S top (blue circles)around the Wave 3 (blue) top {note this is the possible wave 5 H&S top on the Daily, but I prefer this retrace set up} with a neckline that was broken yesterday and is now being retested at a down-sloping tramline point (pink line).  Should that retest fail I see a fall away to a possible retest of the Flag formation near the Fib 50% (drawn from the Wave 2 (Blue on the daily chart).  At this point the retrace would complete and a final rally to the Top would begin.  Within all this is NFP or course...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• The BLUM project has recently gained attention in the cryptocurrency community due to several developments such as  Introduction of a mining game on the TON ecosystem, allowing users to earn $BLUM tokens.  Announcement of new strategic partnerships Upcoming features including Tribes and Memepad functionalities.  Active community engagement through events and rewards 5. Recognition from notable figures in the crypto space Key upcoming events: Token Generation Event (TGE) for the BLUM mining game scheduled for September 20, 2024 Coinciding airdrop of BLUM tokens to the community The project plans to provide liquidity on centralized exchanges such as Bitget and Binance, as well as decentralized exchanges like Uniswap, Curve, and PancakeSwap. These developments have contributed to increased discussions about BLUM on social media platforms, particularly Twitter. As the crypto landscape evolves rapidly, interested individuals are encouraged to stay informed about BLUM's progress through official channels and related TON communities like r/TONDiscussion.  As with any cryptocurrency project, potential participants should conduct thorough research and consider their own risk tolerance before engaging.
    • Counter Fire is poised to redefine the gaming industry with its innovative blend of competitive gameplay and blockchain technology. The game offers multiple modes, including team-based matches of quads, duos, and solos along with solo missions, with deep customization options and dynamic battle scenarios. While the core gameplay of Counter Fire is similar to PUBG, a battle-royal where the last-man or last-team standing wins in a survival gameplay, users earn while playing Counter Fires. The project has been buzzing the ecosystem as the airdrop claim went live today so users can claim their $CEC and await listing on 9th Sept. While gamers continue to claim their tokens, some analysts have start speculating that the project will redefine the gaming landscape citing the project partnership with likes of YoubiCapital, HASHKEY, KERNEL ventures and many more and the fact that the project raised over $5 million as the base for their argument. The project partnership with Bitget could also be a reason it continues to gain such exposure as players can only claim their token to the exchange. Though, as players claim their token to the exchange, they could benefit some reward from the 1 million $CEC reward pool. I still think many exchanges should list the token so gamers can have many choices.
    • Hi @feirb1, Thank you for your post. Please note that we offer T-Bills for trading on leveraged accounts. By trading these, you will be speculating on the price movements. This means that, when trading, you´ll never take ownership of an actual t-bill. Instead, you´ll take a position on the market either rising in value or falling. Thanks, KoketsoIG
us