how to register tax file number?

The app allowed me to buy some initial shares but now every time i try it tells me I need a tax file number on my account. I tried emailing support and they told me i can submit the TFN on a desktop but I cannot find the option to do this anywhere, please help

Guest Dean

Hi I am also having trouble finding where to add my Tax File number. No one at IG are answering their phones or returning email. Is someone able to assist me with this please.

• 1 month later...
On 01/05/2020 at 03:36, Johnylyle said:

The app allowed me to buy some initial shares but now every time i try it tells me I need a tax file number on my account. I tried emailing support and they told me i can submit the TFN on a desktop but I cannot find the option to do this anywhere, please help

On 06/05/2020 at 13:00, Guest Dean said:

Hi I am also having trouble finding where to add my Tax File number. No one at IG are answering their phones or returning email. Is someone able to assist me with this please.

On 14/06/2020 at 06:38, Matj said:

Yep. Absolutely hopeless...

On 15/06/2020 at 07:12, Brentonmartin said:

Same prob..didn't see any TFN option when I registered

You can only do this from the web based platform, if you are clicking on the buy button on the share dealing ticket the first time it will trigger the TFN (tax file number) pop up so you can enter it.

If this is not the case please reach out to us on helpdesk.au@ig.com