Jump to content
  • 0

Custody Charges


Richy1

Question

Hi There,

 

If I hold, say £2000 in stocks, and £14,000 cash across my Trading and ISA accounts, then will I be charged the quarterly fees? i.e. when the notes say "You must hold £15k in assets" in the accounts, does this include cash deposited? Or does it exclude cash deposits, please? (so actually meaning you must hold a total of more than£15k in equities / EFT's, rather than assets - note that cash is really an asset)

Thanks for any clarification.

Link to comment

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
43 minutes ago, Richy1 said:

Hi There,

 

If I hold, say £2000 in stocks, and £14,000 cash across my Trading and ISA accounts, then will I be charged the quarterly fees? i.e. when the notes say "You must hold £15k in assets" in the accounts, does this include cash deposited? Or does it exclude cash deposits, please? (so actually meaning you must hold a total of more than£15k in equities / EFT's, rather than assets - note that cash is really an asset)

Thanks for any clarification.

The waiver based on a holding of £15,000 or more is only applicable to IG Smart Portfolio investments - shares/funds in a normal share/self managed ISA account do not count towards the total. In this case the only way to avoid the custody fee is to make the minimum number of trades per quarter (3).

Edited by Fletch
spelling
Link to comment
  • 1
On 05/07/2020 at 17:38, Fletch said:

The waiver based on a holding of £15,000 or more is only applicable to IG Smart Portfolio investments - shares/funds in a normal share/self managed ISA account do not count towards the total. In this case the only way to avoid the custody fee is to make the minimum number of trades per quarter (3).

Hi, is the custody fee per account e.g. if I have an ISA and a trading account, will I be charged £24 per quarter for both accounts or £24 per account per quarter? If I make 3 trades in my ISA account per quarter, will the custody fee be waived if I make no trades at all in my regular trading account?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Link to comment
  • 1
On 11/07/2020 at 11:53, skinman1401 said:

Hi, is the custody fee per account e.g. if I have an ISA and a trading account, will I be charged £24 per quarter for both accounts or £24 per account per quarter? If I make 3 trades in my ISA account per quarter, will the custody fee be waived if I make no trades at all in my regular trading account?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

No, I as far as I am aware both accounts are aggregated, so there is only one quarterly charge (but don't quote me on that). 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      20,705
    • Total Posts
      89,605
    • Total Members
      40,570
    • Most Online
      7,522
      10/06/21 10:53

    Newest Member
    osamaalabdallah
    Joined 28/11/22 18:27
  • Posts

    • S&P 500, INDEXSP: .INX, NASDAQ-100, INDEXNASDAQ: NDX, Russell 2000 RUT. Dow Jones Industrial (DJI) Elliott Wave Technical Analysis and Trading Strategies. US Markets News J. Powel speaks Wed. ADP Wed, a big week for news events Elliott Wave Market Summary: Possible top in place and the next bear trend has started Elliott Wave count: Wave (iii) of i) of 1 Day / Trend Trading Strategies: The main short trade will come on the (a) (b) (c) rally of Wave ii) which will retest 4000 Video Chapters 00:00 S&P500  23:23 NASDAQ 100 (NDX) 24:11 Russell 2000 (RUT) 26:26 Dow Jones (DJI) 35:37 TRIAL Buy 1 Month Get 3 Months Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™ Australian Financial Services Licence - AFSL 317817 Source: tradinglounge com  
    • Stock Trading: US ETF Sectors SP500, AAPL, AMZN, NVDA, TSLA, GOOGL, BRK.B, SQ, META, NFLX, ENPH, MSFT, BAC, JPM. US ETF Sectors. Elliott Wave Analysis US Stocks: Apple (AAPL),Tesla (TSLA), Amazon (AMZN), Nvidia (NVDA), Microsoft MSFT, Berkshire Hathaway (BRK/B), Block, Inc (SQ), Meta Platforms, Netflix (NFLX), Enphase (ENPH), Alphabet GOOGL. XFL Finance Sector ETF, JPMorgan JPM & Bank of America BAC, Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) Stock Market News: Thecurrent top I was looking for is now in place, confirmed by the SP500 and the USD Dollar Stock Market Summary Elliott Wave There is a top in place and it could be a serious top, the next step is a larger Impulse wave lower to confirm a larger move lower, so far on the Sp500 we have three waves down... Video Chapters 00:00 SP500 / USD Dollar 04:04 Apple (AAPL) 06:17 NVIDIA (NVDA) 07:28  Amazon (AMZN) 10:12 Meta Platforms (META) 11:08 Netflix (NFLX)  11:33 Enphase (ENPH) 12:50 Tesla (TSLA) 14:09 Alphabet (GOOGL)  16:18 Microsoft (MSFT) 20:07 Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) 23:10 Block Inc. (SQ)  24:57 Banks JPM, GS, BAC 40:28 TRIAL Buy 1 Month Get 3 Months  Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™ Australian Financial Services Licence - AFSL 317817 Source: tradinglounge com  
    • In this week’s Trade of the Week, IG senior market analyst Josh Mahony looks to go short AUD/EUR with a stop-loss at 0.652 and a take-profit at 0.6286. He also looks at the recent long GBP/JPY and USD/CNH trades.    
×
×
  • Create New...