Sign in to follow this  

Instrument not tax wrapper enabled

Question

Hi 

I would like to trade a few ETFs (possibly within my ISA account or share dealing account) , the IG platform shows an error message: Instrument not tax wrapper enabled, Sorry this instrument is not available to trade on the tax wrapper associated to your account. 

Example of  ETFs I cannot trade by ISIN code:  US69374H7668 - US69374H7411  - US47103U4076  - US3015057074 -US26924G8050-US33734X8469  - US33737K2050

Is there a way to trade these ?

Thank you,

I

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

23 hours ago, izem said:

Hi 

I would like to trade a few ETFs (possibly within my ISA account or share dealing account) , the IG platform shows an error message: Instrument not tax wrapper enabled, Sorry this instrument is not available to trade on the tax wrapper associated to your account. 

Example of  ETFs I cannot trade by ISIN code:  US69374H7668 - US69374H7411  - US47103U4076  - US3015057074 -US26924G8050-US33734X8469  - US33737K2050

Is there a way to trade these ?

Thank you,

I

I have the same problem with Gold ETFs. Did you find out what this could be about ? Seems quite odd. Thanks.

I do not know, if you do know, then please let me know.

IG trading customer service is unfortunately deteriorating drastically, they do not respond to specific email questions like the above . they only send back a generic email. Needless to say they do not respond to phone calls either. 

Among other things :

Corporate actions (stocks splits ...etc.) are not incorporated to the platform, this generate wrong PnLs 

I cannot find certain UCITS ETFs  on IG platform E.g. IE00BK5BC677 . This is strange. 

Not tax wrapper enabled. means that it cannot be traded in an ISA due to the tax rules applied in an ISA. You should be able to trade the securities in your dealing account instead but you will be subject to tax.