Demo Account. Why Do Positions Close on Their Own?

DAG

Question

I’m trying to understand why so am trying different theories I have on the demo account. 
I can have multiple positions open (sometimes on the same instrument eg US Crude Oil), I go and open another position but instead it closes one of the open positions and I’m trying to understand why. The open positions do not have limit or stop set so are not being triggered and I have plenty of margin left (I think if I’m understanding correctly).

Could anybody out there suggest why these positions are closing without me closing them. I am missing some understanding somewhere.  This has only started doing this since yesterday so I’m also trying to think what I am doing differently to previous days but I am stumped at the moment. 
Thank you.

Edited by DAG

4 answers to this question

I still haven’t gotten to the bottom of why. It has happened again. Crude oil. I had a sell trade open and wanted to open a buy position which I set up but when impressed the place order button, it closed my open position while also not opening the buy position. Does anybody have any suggestions why?  I definitely had plenty of margin left as there were no other open trades. I need to understand why this is happening before I place any real money into a live account. 

Jlr. That could be it. I’ve been using my tablet and the trading on chart which doesn’t have the force open option showing but the deal portion off the chart was set to nett off. I will again try some dummy trades to confirm this has been the reason and post back here. Thank you :)

Yes , that was it. It seems that when placing a trade using the place in the chart area, it is always nett off.  Placing a bid off the chart, force open is my default and can be used. Thank you jlz. I should have twigged that 🙄

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• If someone is interested, 2,4% for staking USDT  https://wizerpeople.com/?aff=Jowich  
    • Wizerpeople is a platform, which allows users to invest in private online and offline startups. Nowdays, there are more and more people who want to get into the investments market and make profits by investing in promising projects, but most of them do not have sufficient capital for large investments, so these investments remain risky. Wizerpeople solves this problem by providing an opportunity for small and intermediate investors to invest in private startups. Each user of the platform have an opportunity to register and invest in any provided type of business without huge investing xperience, signing documents or any special requirements. Investment and funding of private companies became so simple as never before with Wizerpeople. https://wizerpeople.com/?aff=Jowich
    • Another offers of a unique crypto loan service that stands out in the market due to several key features is already catching the attention of many. One of the primary unique aspects of Bitget's crypto loan service is its flexible borrowing options, allowing users to borrow various cryptocurrencies with different terms and interest rates based on their individual needs. This flexibility provides users with more control and customization over their borrowing experience. Additionally, the exchange crypto loan service is known for its competitive interest rates, which are often lower than traditional financial institutions. This cost-effectiveness makes it an attractive option for users looking to leverage their cryptocurrency assets without incurring high borrowing costs. Moreover,  platform is designed to provide a seamless and user-friendly experience, making it easy for users to manage their loans, track their borrowing history, and make repayments efficiently. The intuitive interface and comprehensive dashboard enable users to monitor their loan status and manage their assets effectively. Another unique feature of the exchange crypto loan service is its security measures, including robust encryption protocols and secure storage systems to safeguard users' assets and personal information. This commitment to security helps instill trust and confidence among users, ensuring a safe borrowing experience. I like to ask veterans PF in the community on what percentage of your collateral do you loan?
us