Platform Improvements

Guest SpaceBoi

Guest SpaceBoi

On the laptop platform, would it be possible to have any stock tabs be highlighted at the top of your screen in some way when an associated Alert for that stock has been triggered?

Maybe, if not, then at least show the Alert section tab highlighted to show there is a newly triggered Alert.

The current system of a temporary alert banner can be missed if you step away, and means you have to continually check through your alert status.

Many thanks.

• 4 months later...
On 09/03/2021 at 22:51, Guest SpaceBoi said:

On the laptop platform, would it be possible to have any stock tabs be highlighted at the top of your screen in some way when an associated Alert for that stock has been triggered?

Maybe, if not, then at least show the Alert section tab highlighted to show there is a newly triggered Alert.

The current system of a temporary alert banner can be missed if you step away, and means you have to continually check through your alert status.

Many thanks.

HI SpaceBoi,

Thank you for your suggestions it will forwarded to the relevant department to be reviewed.

All the best - Arvin

• 4 weeks later...

@ArvinIG

I would like to make a few additional suggestions for improving the platform.

I understand that all products are shown in every account-type even if some can't be traded from within that account, eg a "non-leveraged only" product will still be shown in a spread-bet or CFD account (and note that the "Margin" info tab for some reason incorrectly continues to show a table of margin tiers that actually don't apply to a non-leveraged product.). Other products are sometimes "no controlled risk", "unborrowable", "closing only", etc. it's incredibly annoying and time-consuming to search through a list of results, pick out individual stocks/products, see a chart you like then have to check the info tab to see if you can actually trade the product. Why could there not be a series of symbols or letters in one or more columns, like there is for the "market open/closed" column (that, for example,  sometimes has a "telephone only" symbol), but also included in the search results so that one can instantly see which products can be "eliminated from enquiries"?

Perhaps the Alert feature could be augmented to include being able to be set to notify when "unborrowable" stocks, e.g. recent IPOs, become borrowable or when positions that were "closing only" go back to normal trading (if that ever happens).

Also, in "Positions" I can see my total gain or loss for each position but not that day's movement, unless I duplicate the Positions into a separate custom list which DOES have this column, but if I do that then I cannot enter the position size as well so I have to flick back and forth between two almost identical windows. Also, it would be really useful to have a separate toggleable on/off column that could show the total margin currently being used by each position. Currently, if I have to bring up a deal ticket as if to close the position, just to see how much margin is being consumed, I'm at risk of mis-clicking and closing the position unintentionally. 

Thanks.

Edited by HeOfMuchDisgrunt
Spelling errors
On 21/08/2021 at 06:38, HeOfMuchDisgrunt said:

@ArvinIG

I would like to make a few additional suggestions for improving the platform.

I understand that all products are shown in every account-type even if some can't be traded from within that account, eg a "non-leveraged only" product will still be shown in a spread-bet or CFD account (and note that the "Margin" info tab for some reason incorrectly continues to show a table of margin tiers that actually don't apply to a non-leveraged product.). Other products are sometimes "no controlled risk", "unborrowable", "closing only", etc. it's incredibly annoying and time-consuming to search through a list of results, pick out individual stocks/products, see a chart you like then have to check the info tab to see if you can actually trade the product. Why could there not be a series of symbols or letters in one or more columns, like there is for the "market open/closed" column (that, for example,  sometimes has a "telephone only" symbol), but also included in the search results so that one can instantly see which products can be "eliminated from enquiries"?

Perhaps the Alert feature could be augmented to include being able to be set to notify when "unborrowable" stocks, e.g. recent IPOs, become borrowable or when positions that were "closing only" go back to normal trading (if that ever happens).

Also, in "Positions" I can see my total gain or loss for each position but not that day's movement, unless I duplicate the Positions into a separate custom list which DOES have this column, but if I do that then I cannot enter the position size as well so I have to flick back and forth between two almost identical windows. Also, it would be really useful to have a separate toggleable on/off column that could show the total margin currently being used by each position. Currently, if I have to bring up a deal ticket as if to close the position, just to see how much margin is being consumed, I'm at risk of mis-clicking and closing the position unintentionally. 

Thanks.

Hi @HeOfMuchDisgrunt,

I understand it would be quicker for you to only see what is available. There has been feedback about being able to see the margin per position on the position screen. 

I will forward all your suggestion to the relevant department to be reviewed.

All the best - Arvin

@ArvinIG 

Cheers, dude! Good to get an acknowledgement.
Do please let us all know what the tech team say.

People don't mind offering feedback on the understanding that not every single 'genius' customer idea can be implemented immediately, but what irks people the most is to give seemingly good, constructive ideas and have no feedback at all as to why the idea can't be used now or ever. It drives us nuts as customers when we obviously know what we want and what we aren't getting even though we realise the requested add-ons aren't difficult to bolt on from a coding perspective.

8 minutes ago, HeOfMuchDisgrunt said:

@ArvinIG 

Cheers, dude! Good to get an acknowledgement.
Do please let us all know what the tech team say.

People don't mind offering feedback on the understanding that not every single 'genius' customer idea can be implemented immediately, but what irks people the most is to give seemingly good, constructive ideas and have no feedback at all as to why the idea can't be used now or ever. It drives us nuts as customers when we obviously know what we want and what we aren't getting even though we realise the requested add-ons aren't difficult to bolt on from a coding perspective.

Hi @HeOfMuchDisgrunt,

We do have a forum thread for feedback https://community.ig.com/forums/forum/14-feedback-and-suggestions/ .

We are collecting feedback on a daily basis on the community and forward it to the relevant department. The more feedback we have on a topic the more likely the developers will consider the idea ( if it is a reasonable project)

I hope that it gives you some assurance that we do forward the suggestions. 

We are working on improving our platform and we want our clients to be in the center of it.

All the best - Arvin

• 1 year later...

Hi, 

Is it possible to have some risk management measures into the deal ticket? 

For example - I have attached an image. Is it possible to put price or pips as opposed to just pips in the profit target and stop loss fields. Also percentage of the account risked for each trade if the user puts a stoploss. Also percentage gain for the profit target based on the price or pips . This will greatly help manage my risk. 

What does everything think? 

Thanks

image.png.fc852e7ca0504e575b1f9e560bdb498b.png

11 hours ago, mzministry said:

Hi, 

Is it possible to have some risk management measures into the deal ticket? 

For example - I have attached an image. Is it possible to put price or pips as opposed to just pips in the profit target and stop loss fields. Also percentage of the account risked for each trade if the user puts a stoploss. Also percentage gain for the profit target based on the price or pips . This will greatly help manage my risk. 

What does everything think? 

Thanks

image.png.fc852e7ca0504e575b1f9e560bdb498b.png

Hi @mzministry

Thank you for reaching. 

We have a few features you mentioned on our platform. I have attached a screenshot as reference. 

When you insert the number of points as the stop or limit distance, the level (price) reflects below in grey and the profit/loss in blue/red. Thank you for your feedback. We will send your feedback to the relevant department regarding the percentage risked feature for each trade. All the best, OfentseIG

image.png

• Like 1