Big CDF Margin Increases ?

trader331

Has there been a big Increase in margins for CDF trading since last week ?  Only started Monday 29th.

When I try to put on a IG CFD trade or order I get a huge increase in margin charged.

For example , when trying to place a Buy for 1 position on the US 500 , the dashboard shows Size 1 AUD $1 per point , pts away minimum 3.  But when I put in a stop of 10 or 30 etc I get the same charge of A$198.65 (NZ$216.68)

Why this huge increase in trading margin charged when this is not shown on the pts away minimum ?

I this is a new IG policy , this will end my trading with IG.  It makes swing day trading unworkable.

Do other IG CDF traders have the same issue ? 

James NZ

• 3 months later...
On 29/03/2021 at 16:49, trader331 said:

Has there been a big Increase in margins for CDF trading since last week ?  Only started Monday 29th.

When I try to put on a IG CFD trade or order I get a huge increase in margin charged.

For example , when trying to place a Buy for 1 position on the US 500 , the dashboard shows Size 1 AUD $1 per point , pts away minimum 3.  But when I put in a stop of 10 or 30 etc I get the same charge of A$198.65 (NZ$216.68)

Why this huge increase in trading margin charged when this is not shown on the pts away minimum ?

I this is a new IG policy , this will end my trading with IG.  It makes swing day trading unworkable.

Do other IG CDF traders have the same issue ? 

James NZ

Hi @trader331,

I believe you are refering to the new ASIC regulation which came into effect at the end of March. 

The leverage restrictions have been confirmed as follows:

image.png

Thanks,

Jakub

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    Georgxyz
    Joined 18/09/21 22:02
    • Hi, all brokers are market makers to some extent. If you are trading on the Direct Market Access (DMA) platform then you are dealing on the exchange through IG but if using any other platform then IG looks to match those trades inhouse matching shorts to longs. Any excess they hedge on the exchange themselves.  So IG aren't taking the other side of your trade, they are covered whether you win or lose and they make on the spread from both parties. If they need to hedge they still win because they get a better spread than what they pass on to you.  
    • Err, I've had all my real vaccines, the ones that completed safety trials, have also had special vaxxes when had to present proof when travelling to a country were there were dangerous diseases present, no problem. But experimental gene therapy that has no medium or long term risk data for a disease that, according to the FDA, has just a 1 in 250,000 risk, and needing to present proof to go to a restaurant or club in my home town - no, this is not about a virus.   Note that the FDA officials that the Biden admin pressured into giving early FDA approval for these vaxxes both resigned. FDA panel just voted 16-3 AGAINST approving the boosters This slide was shown at their meeting.  
    • You get a 'vaccine passport' once you are vaccinated. You don't have to get one, you already have one if you had your vaccines. I don't mean covid vaccines, I mean any vaccine. That 'vaccine passport' has been already implemented for decades. It is the registry that any national health system has on your vaccines.  Unless you are an exotic animal that has been living under a rock during your life you must have taken a vaccine at some point in your life, otherwise you would be dead.  Here is a list for your education: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/forgot-14-diseases.html I am sure that you are vaccinated of at least 90% of that list.  So that vaccine passport is just what you already have, my dear, if you happen to live in Europe or the UK just go to the National Health app and click on 'Travel' , there you will see your 'vaccine passport' It is already implemented, I had to show it to fly twice this year in two different airports.