Display Profit/loss in Base Currency

I just changed over from Oanda, so I am still trying to get used to the IG Platform. My base currency is EUR and I trade most in FX. When I go to place a trade for example, USD/CAD, it does not let me see what I am risking in EUR (only in CAD,GBP or USD) , is there a way to change this as I don't want to be converting on occasions to see what I am risking in EUR. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks. 

On 04/04/2021 at 11:59, Patrickmcbrearty said:

I just changed over from Oanda, so I am still trying to get used to the IG Platform. My base currency is EUR and I trade most in FX. When I go to place a trade for example, USD/CAD, it does not let me see what I am risking in EUR (only in CAD,GBP or USD) , is there a way to change this as I don't want to be converting on occasions to see what I am risking in EUR. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks. 

If you're trading FX you must be on a leveraged account (spread betting/ CFD) and the answer is yes you can get your account base currency changed. 

If you email us at helpdesk.uk@ig.com and request for the base currency to be changed we will be able to assist you. 

All the best 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    KevDevon
    Joined 16/08/22 15:28
    • "The Trend is your Friend"   as some say 
    • Shopify Inc., Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Shopify Inc., (SHOP:NYSE): Daily Chart, August 16, 2022,  SHOPStock Market Analysis: Looking for continuation lower into wave {v}. Potential wave {iv} is taking quite some time which could have been predicted due to the fact that wave {ii} was a sharp correction therefore because of the rule of alternation wave {iv} had to be time consuming. SHOP Elliott Wave count:  Wave (c of {iv}. SHOPTrading Strategy: Waiting for further confirmation to start building shorts. We need to break wave iv of (c. SHOPTechnical Indicators:We are well below the 200 EMA and we are starting to form RSI bearish divergence. SHOPLatest News: Shopify Inc. (SHOP) is Attracting Investor Attention: Here is What You Should Know(Zacks Equity Research) TradingLounge Analyst: Alessio Barretta   ShopifyInc., SHOP: 4-hour Chart, August 16 2022,  Shopify Inc., Elliott Wave Technical Analysis SHOP Stock Market Analysis: Looking for further downside to start wave (i) of {v}. SHOPElliott Wave count:  Wave (i) of {v}. SHOP Technical Indicators: We barely touched the 200 EMa and found resistance from it. Looking for a break and a retest of the 20 EMA( red line). SHOPTrading Strategy: Waiting for additional confirmation i.e. the break of wave iv of c) .