Why cant I short any stock? It comes up with " you don not have any open positions"

Poliborti

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi @JFB3

Thanks for reaching out, 

Please note that you are not able to sell what you do not own in Share Dealing/ ISA account. Therefore no short positions to open are available in that format. In the leverage environment that message would come up if there was no borrow available. i.e. we are not able to borrow the share from our broker, therefore we are not able to offer a short position. 

All the best, 

Anda

• Like 1
7 hours ago, AndaIG said:

Hi @JFB3

Thanks for reaching out, 

Please note that you are not able to sell what you do not own in Share Dealing/ ISA account. Therefore no short positions to open are available in that format. In the leverage environment that message would come up if there was no borrow available. i.e. we are not able to borrow the share from our broker, therefore we are not able to offer a short position. 

All the best, 

Anda

Thanks. That'll have been it: I was using my spread-bet account and later foudn I could short other, presumably more liquid stocks, so it's was a matter of no borrow.

Thank you for clarifying.

JFB3

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Binance TR Referns Kod: “F67K9GYX” olarak kullanilir. Dünyada en çok kullanılan, ömür boyu geçerli, en yüksek indirim oranına sahip Binance TR Türkiye referns kodudur. Binance kripto para borsasına kayıt olurken “Referns Kimliği” yazan yere “F67K9GYX” yazınız. Alacağınız işlem ücreti indirimi % 65'dir. Ayrıca 100$ USDT komisyon iade bonusu alacaksınız. Kripto para borsası Binance TR Türkiye Referns Kod: “F67K9GYX” ile vadeli işlem yani futures işlem ücreti indirimleri ve spot ve marjin işlem ücreti indirimleri kazanırsınız. Ayrıca bonuslar ve bir çok promosyon kazanırsınız. Teknoloji ve finans dünyasında yatırım ve ticaret yapmak için hemen Binance TR Türkiye borsasına: “F67K9GYX” referns kod u ile kayıt olun.
    • Binance TR Referns Kod: “F67K9GYX” olarak kullanilir. Dünyada en çok kullanılan, ömür boyu geçerli, en yüksek indirim oranına sahip Binance TR Türkiye referns kodudur. Binance kripto para borsasına kayıt olurken “Referns Kimliği” yazan yere “F67K9GYX” yazınız. Alacağınız işlem ücreti indirimi % 65'dir. Ayrıca 100$ USDT komisyon iade bonusu alacaksınız. Kripto para borsası Binance TR Türkiye Referns Kod: “F67K9GYX” ile vadeli işlem yani futures işlem ücreti indirimleri ve spot ve marjin işlem ücreti indirimleri kazanırsınız. Ayrıca bonuslar ve bir çok promosyon kazanırsınız. Teknoloji ve finans dünyasında yatırım ve ticaret yapmak için hemen Binance TR Türkiye borsasına: “F67K9GYX” referns kod u ile kayıt olun.
us