IG Candles versus other market data sources

JJP

Question

Although I have been trading FX for a while, I have recently started trading individual stocks and US stocks in particular. Can somebody please explain why the IG Daily candles look different to the same day candle from other market data sources.

For example: 

IG Today on Tesla is significantly different including massively higher high and lower lows than have been achieved throughout the week and in comparison to other data sources. See images.

J

image.thumb.png.62dd82fc7d53cafbe61c6420db90cc05.png

image.thumb.png.0cb5058c422f2d5525cd12bc44804339.png

Edited by JJP
Typo correction

2 answers to this question

Hi JJP

Thanks for the question

On spread betting we price our shares directly from the exchange. We then wrap IG spread around that price. The only difference between the exchange price and the IG price is account for in spread. Please see the following link for an indication of our spreads in different jurisdictions. 

https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-support/spread-betting-and-cfds/fees-and-charges/what-are-igs-shares-spread-bet-product-details

All the best 

Anda

6 hours ago, AndaIG said:

Hi JJP

Thanks for the question

On spread betting we price our shares directly from the exchange. We then wrap IG spread around that price. The only difference between the exchange price and the IG price is account for in spread. Please see the following link for an indication of our spreads in different jurisdictions. 

https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-support/spread-betting-and-cfds/fees-and-charges/what-are-igs-shares-spread-bet-product-details

All the best 

Anda

Thank you Anda for getting back to me. I totally understand that IG wraps it's spread around the exchange price in order to create market pricing for its customers. That's great. But are you suggesting that in an All Hours Market, the spread is so big it can create a candle with a range 3 to 4 times, or more, larger than the exchange range. Surely not?