How to transfer funds between IG accounts

djpeck1

Question

Hi.

I have a CFD account and a Spreadbetting account with IG and I would like to transfer funds between the CFD account and the Spreadbetting account. According to the help articles there should be an option in "My IG" called "Transfer" that I should be able to use. The problem I have is that this option is not present in my accounts.

Does anyone know if what I am proposing is possible? I guess that I could just request a transfer of funds from my CFD account to my bank account and then deposit said funds into the Spreadbetting account, but this does see a bit long winded.

Any help will be appreciated.

2 answers to this question

Hi @djpeck1

Thanks for the query, 

The option to transfer funds between accounts online is only available to accounts that share the same username. If the accounts have different usernames you would need to write to helpdesk.uk@ig.com to request a manual transfer from our payments team. 

All the best, 

Anda

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    Ratego
    Joined 03/10/22 07:08
    • We have brought to a close the month of September and in turn the third quarter of the year. Moving into the new week, month and quarter; sentiment will be particularly sensitive with the course of monetary policy tightening meeting a swell in recession risk. If any of sparks from financial stability catch, our course can worsen materially.    
    • On this episode of Engineering the Trade, Jermal Chandler and Julia Spina take a look at the changes a midterm election brings to markets and discuss how a few of the 11 S&P 500 sectors might be affected.      
    • The Nikkei was one of the few risers in Asia overnight, as the first day of the final quarter of the year got off to a decidedly mixed start. Chinese markets are off for Golden Week, removing these markets for the time being, and South Korea also had a national holiday today. Oil prices surged on reports that OPEC was considering a cut to output this week that might be as big as one million barrels per day, once again raising the spectre of a sustained rise in energy costs and an associated impact on inflation, just as oil had fallen to its lowest level since the beginning of the year. The pound staged an impressive rally to start the week following news that the UK government would cancel plans to scrap the 45p tax rate, a week after sterling fell to its lowest-ever level against the dollar. Futures point towards a muted start to the week, after a miserable end to Q4 for equities.