Mitigate fees - investing £20k in S&P 500

Hi all,

I am thinking about investing £10k-£20k in Vanguard S&P 500 ETF through IG.

Before I do this, I am keen to understand and get feedback on how I should go about investing £10k-£20k in the ETF, in order to mitigate (avoid) fees/risk by doing this on IG?

It might just be simple as telling me, I’m best to just go ahead and invest the total investment into S&P 500 in one go, with no caveats.

Thanks in advance. Mahdi

On 26/12/2021 at 00:28, MahdiWoodbridge said:

Hi all,

I am thinking about investing £10k-£20k in Vanguard S&P 500 ETF through IG.

Before I do this, I am keen to understand and get feedback on how I should go about investing £10k-£20k in the ETF, in order to mitigate (avoid) fees/risk by doing this on IG?

It might just be simple as telling me, I’m best to just go ahead and invest the total investment into S&P 500 in one go, with no caveats.

Thanks in advance. Mahdi

Hi @MahdiWoodbridge

Thanks for reaching out.

Low transaction charges: Keep your costs down, with commission from only £3 per ETF trade and a currency conversion fee of just 0.5%

Place 3+ trades on UK shares in the previous month to qualify for a £3 commission rate. Please note published rates are valid up to £25,000 notional value. See our full list of share dealing charges and fees.

For more information visit: ETF Investments and Discover ETFs with IG

If there’s an ETF you’d like to invest in that’s not currently available, simply email helpdesk.uk@ig.com or call 0800 409 6789 to request a new product.

Hope this helps!

All the best - MongiIG