Spread betting Account and moving abroad

Alan1078

19 hours ago, Alan1078 said:

If moving from UK and taking residence in another country, can i leave futures positions open in my spread betting account?

If i can, anyone know if tax might be applied if i was to withdraw significant gains accumulated whilst living abroad?

Thank you!

Alan

Hi @Alan1078

If you move to an alternative country you'd have to open a direct account with that office, this is due to different legal jurisdictions among other things. This will really depend on the account type that you have, and where you are moving to. For example if you have a spread betting account but move to Australia, different rules would apply as apposed to say, having an ISA and moving to Canada.

It will also depend on how long you are moving for as short term secondments can sometimes be processed differently. Please get in contact with us on helpdesk.uk@ig.com or use our live chat feature for further assistance with the specifics and we should be able to assist.

See how our offering changes in different locations around the world: Compare our international offering

All the best - MongiIG

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart, Dogecoin/ U.S. dollar(DOGEUSD) DOGEUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis  Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Zigzag Position: Wave ((C)) Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave IV of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level:  Details: Wave IV May is complete and the price increase again in Wave V Dogecoin/ U.S. dollar(DOGEUSD)Trading Strategy: Overall, Dogecoin remains in an uptrend. Moreover, it looks like the correction is over. And prices are rising again in the fifth wave. But there may be a slight pullback before increasing. So look for opportunities to join the uptrend. Dogecoin/ U.S. dollar(DOGEUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an Uptrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bullish Momentum.   Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge H4 Chart, Dogecoin/ U.S. dollar(DOGEUSD) DOGEUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis  Function: Follow Trend Mode: Motive  Structure: Impulse Position: Wave ((3)) Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave V of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level:  Details: wave ((3)) Is Equal to 161.8% of Wave ((1)) at 0.2488 Dogecoin/ U.S. dollar(DOGEUSD)Trading Strategy: Overall, Dogecoin remains in an uptrend. Moreover, it looks like the correction is over. And prices are rising again in the fifth wave. But there may be a slight pullback before increasing. So look for opportunities to join the uptrend. Dogecoin/ U.S. dollar(DOGEUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an Uptrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bullish Momentum.   Technical Analyst : Kittiampon Somboonsod Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
    • MON Protocol aims to be a leading developer and publisher of blockchain-native IPs and games. Their vision extends beyond traditional gaming ecosystems, as they seek to bring games and gaming characters onto the blockchain. MON is an ERC-20 fungible token that powers and governs fractionalized IP ecosystems.   30% of the total supply is allocated for community claims, emphasizing community-driven initiatives. While 29% of the total token supply is dedicated to fostering growth and sustainability within both the Pixelmon and MON Protocol communities. All one billion tokens will be fully unlocked within 48 months of the token generation event (TGE), which is anticipated to take place in Q1 2024. This gradual release underscores MON Protocol's commitment to transparency and ecosystem development. Will MON Protocol's unique approach to IP governance, combined with Bitget's strategic listing, positions it as a frontrunner in fostering community engagement and sustainable ecosystem growth?
    • Another reason I prefer DAX to other markets is that I am able to use my own profitable method on it, which I call "Reverse Trades." In it's simplest form it is a good Entry Point, which is used repeatedly for trades, for as many times as the market price returns to this Entry Point.  This is illustrated in the chart below for 22nd May. The best Reverse Trades occur when the market beats the Entry Price and then re-crosses the Entry Price. If this is not clear, feel free to write to me and I will explain in greater detail.
us