W-8BEN help

Guest Jakerudge_

Question

Guest Jakerudge_

I'm new to this app and from the UK. I want to trade us stocks but can't, how would I fill the form out? I can't seem to find it or how to fill it out.

Thanks,

Jake

2 answers to this question

Hi , thanks for the post and welcome!

To complete your W-8BEN form, you just need to log into the My IG dashboard and then go to the Settings tab.  On the left-hand side, the last option is 'Dealing US stocks', which is where you can complete the form.  You'll just need to answer a few preliminary questions and then submit your details, and it should be applied automatically to your account.

Remember that you may need to activate certain US data feeds in addition to the W-8BEN form.  You can do so within My IG > Settings > Data Feeds.

Any more questions just ask!

Thanks,

Hannah

Have a question? Try searching the community to see if it has already been answered.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart NEO/ U.S. dollar(NEOUSD) NEOUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Flat Position: Wave B Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave (II) of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: 9.85 Details: Wave (II) is equal to 61.8% of Wave (I) at 10.71 Level NEO/ U.S. dollar(NEOUSD)Trading Strategy: Second wave correction before rising again in the third wave with a flat pattern. The current status is a short-term pullback in wave B before falling again in wave C, so wait for the correction to complete to join the uptrend again. NEO/ U.S. dollar(NEOUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an Uptrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bullish Momentum. Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge H4 Chart NEO/ U.S. dollar(NEOUSD) NEOUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Flat Position: Wave B Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave (II) of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: 9.85 Details: Wave (II) is equal to 61.8% of Wave (I) at 10.71 Level NEO/ U.S. dollar(NEOUSD)Trading Strategy: Second wave correction before rising again in the third wave with a flat pattern. The current status is a short-term pullback in wave B before falling again in wave C, so wait for the correction to complete to join the uptrend again. NEO/ U.S. dollar(NEOUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an uptrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bullish Momentum.         Technical Analyst : Kittiampon Somboonsod Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
    • Would love to long at a little lower!
    • Need a little bit more retracement!
us