Cost of maintaining unused account

I'm just starting out and have a budget of £1000 to invest, I have selected my shares and invested the money but upon further inspection I realise there is a £25 charge every quarter if there has been no additional purchases or activity on account. That might be negligible for someone investing larger amounts or constantly using their account but considering I plan on not touching my shares for about five years that becomes £500. Is there any way around this?

thanks 

6 hours ago, Squirrel said:

I'm just starting out and have a budget of £1000 to invest, I have selected my shares and invested the money but upon further inspection I realise there is a £25 charge every quarter if there has been no additional purchases or activity on account. That might be negligible for someone investing larger amounts or constantly using their account but considering I plan on not touching my shares for about five years that becomes £500. Is there any way around this?

thanks 

Hi @Squirrel,

The only ways around the custody fee would be to trade 3+ times more during the quarter or if you invest GBP 15,000 in an IG Smart Portfolio account. If you hold no positions you will also be exempted.
image.png

I hope that it helps.

All the best -Arvin