Swap bid and swap offer meaning

JonJaa

Question

Please confirm/ correct my understanding that follows of the quoted swap bid (swap offer) for CFDs for each forex market: this is the overnight fee in the quote currency if I am long (short) respectively on 1 standard lot of 100,000 units? Also I understand that these figures exclude the IG overnight admin fee? Thanks

5 answers to this question

7 hours ago, JonJaa said:

Please confirm/ correct my understanding that follows of the quoted swap bid (swap offer) for CFDs for each forex market: this is the overnight fee in the quote currency if I am long (short) respectively on 1 standard lot of 100,000 units? Also I understand that these figures exclude the IG overnight admin fee? Thanks

Hi @JonJaa,

The daily estimated overnight funding rates for forex (tom-next rate plus our admin fee) and commodities (basis adjustment plus our admin fee) can be viewed in our platform. We call them swap rates.

For short positions we’ll apply the ‘swap bid’ rate, and for long positions we’ll apply the ‘swap offer’ rate.

You can find more details here.

All the best - Arvin

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ArvinIG said:

Hi @JonJaa,

The daily estimated overnight funding rates for forex (tom-next rate plus our admin fee) and commodities (basis adjustment plus our admin fee) can be viewed in our platform. We call them swap rates.

For short positions we’ll apply the ‘swap bid’ rate, and for long positions we’ll apply the ‘swap offer’ rate.

You can find more details here.

All the best - Arvin

8 hours ago, ArvinIG said:

Hi @JonJaa,

After asking IT, unfortunately it seems that it is not possible to access historical swap rates data.

I will raise this point as a feedback to the relevant team to be reviewed.

All the best - Arvin

Thanks very much once again for the follow up @ArvinIG!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, JonJaa said:

Hi Arvin. Thanks very much for your prompt and clear explanation.

Are the historical swap rates perhaps available somewhere, i.e. going back a few years?

Thanks again

Jon

Hi @JonJaa,

After asking IT, unfortunately it seems that it is not possible to access historical swap rates data.

I will raise this point as a feedback to the relevant team to be reviewed.

All the best - Arvin

• Like 1