ISA instrument not tax wrapper enabled

Why do you not just show me what I'm allowed to trade? How do people plan investments when you need to trade something to find out you can't? 'instrument not tax wrapper enabled' is a pain. Is it all short EFTs? I can trade 'leveraged shares 3x Tesla ETP GBp' but not the short version of it. I can't use a service like that, it's dumb considering how easy it would be to code in an option to filter out what I can not trade. 

Edited by trotter
Better title
  • trotter changed the title to ISA instrument not tax wrapper enabled
12 hours ago, trotter said:

Why do you not just show me what I'm allowed to trade? How do people plan investments when you need to trade something to find out you can't? 'instrument not tax wrapper enabled' is a pain. Is it all short EFTs? I can trade 'leveraged shares 3x Tesla ETP GBp' but not the short version of it. I can't use a service like that, it's dumb considering how easy it would be to code in an option to filter out what I can not trade. 

Hi @trotter,

You can find the list of shares and ETF on this list :
Stockbroking Share List.pdf (marketdatasystems.com)

You can also use the ETF Screener:
ETF Screener | Exchange Traded Funds Screener | IG

I will forward your feedback on providing information on available ISA stocks.

Thank you - Arvin

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, ArvinIG said:

Hi @trotter,

You can find the list of shares and ETF on this list :
Stockbroking Share List.pdf (marketdatasystems.com)

You can also use the ETF Screener:
ETF Screener | Exchange Traded Funds Screener | IG

I will forward your feedback on providing information on available ISA stocks.

Thank you - Arvin

Thanks. Would be amazing if it was part of the app. Seems like a no brainer. Not that's it's  IG fault, seems lame how you can't use the short of an EFT that you can go long on. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Binance Reference Code: Used as “VO2P1RYP”. It is the most used Binance reference code in the world, valid for life, with the highest discount rate. When registering to the Binance cryptocurrency exchange, enter “VO2P1RYP” in the “Referrl ID” field. The transaction fee discount you will receive is 116%. You will also receive a $600 USDT rakeback bonus. With the cryptocurrency exchange Binance Referrl Code: “VO2P1RYP”, you earn futures transaction fee discounts and spot and margin transaction fee discounts. You also get bonuses and many promotions. To invest and trade in the world of technology and finance, register immediately to the Binance exchange with the referrl code “VO2P1RYP”.
    • Binance Reference Code: Used as “VO2P1RYP”. It is the most used Binance reference code in the world, valid for life, with the highest discount rate. When registering to the Binance cryptocurrency exchange, enter “VO2P1RYP” in the “Referrl ID” field. The transaction fee discount you will receive is 116%. You will also receive a $600 USDT rakeback bonus. With the cryptocurrency exchange Binance Referrl Code: “VO2P1RYP”, you earn futures transaction fee discounts and spot and margin transaction fee discounts. You also get bonuses and many promotions. To invest and trade in the world of technology and finance, register immediately to the Binance exchange with the referrl code “VO2P1RYP”.
us