Anglo African Oil & Gas PLC

Hi, I closed all my positions the only one left is Anglo African Oil & Gas PLC which can't be sold. Does anyone know how long it will take until I can sell? I have no interest in the stock market - my (soon to be ex)husband forced me to open this account under my name but he was the one using it, all I want is to be done with it and close the account - I just hope it will be available to trade soon (can't find the information online)

thank you in advance

14 hours ago, closeaccount said:

Hi, I closed all my positions the only one left is Anglo African Oil & Gas PLC which can't be sold. Does anyone know how long it will take until I can sell? I have no interest in the stock market - my (soon to be ex)husband forced me to open this account under my name but he was the one using it, all I want is to be done with it and close the account - I just hope it will be available to trade soon (can't find the information online)

thank you in advance

Hi @closeaccount,

Thank you for your post. 

You will need to wait for the company to make decision on their shares. If their shares are not trading on the exchange we won't be able to sell your shares, unless they trade OTC, you will need to call in and see if the dealing desk can sell the shares.
You can find more information here:
https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-support/corporate-events-and-dealing/corporate-action-events/what-happens-if-the-stock-i-am-trading-delists

If the stock has been declared as worthless then it can be closed at 0.

In regards of your account, where the fund deposit made from your card or bank account or your partner's? IG does not accept Third-party funding. The funds needs to come a source under your name and you should trade for yourself not someone else unless you have a power of attorney.

Feel free to reach out to helpdesk.uk@ig.com, our team will be able to assist you verifying the source of the funds and selling your shares.

Thank you - Arvin

Thank you very much for your reply and explanation. My account is in my name and funded by myself but my husband has a gambling addiction and put huge pressure on me to open the account and add funds. He had the login details and bought stocks freely. Unfortunately I was young and under his control so I gave in. Thanks again - Nicole 

14 hours ago, closeaccount said:

Thank you very much for your reply and explanation. My account is in my name and funded by myself but my husband has a gambling addiction and put huge pressure on me to open the account and add funds. He had the login details and bought stocks freely. Unfortunately I was young and under his control so I gave in. Thanks again - Nicole 

Hi @closeaccount,

I am sorry to hear. You can return all your funds to your card or bank account. For that specific stock feel free to reach out to see if you can sell it at 0 and close the account.

All the best - Arvin

• 2 months later...

It seems to me that you need to wait for some kind of pause and then sell the shares and close the account. Or wait for some kind of response from the company itself, whose shares you bought. For these reasons, I do not trade stocks because the risk of becoming bankrupt is extremely high in the event of a company closing.

On 18/09/2022 at 00:55, DamarisHudson said:

It seems to me that you need to wait for some kind of pause and then sell the shares and close the account. Or wait for some kind of response from the company itself, whose shares you bought. For these reasons, I do not trade stocks because the risk of becoming bankrupt is extremely high in the event of a company closing.

For myself, I chose the path of combining business with pleasure. I began to get involved in poker, turning it into a sport. Perhaps the period of the divorce process will seem morally difficult for you, and you want to try to get distracted, so you can try. It is not as difficult as it might seem but insanely exciting. You can also make new acquaintances and friends.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/09/2022 at 00:55, DamarisHudson said:

It seems to me that you need to wait for some kind of pause and then sell the shares and close the account. Or wait for some kind of response from the company itself, whose shares you bought. For these reasons, I do not trade stocks because the risk of becoming bankrupt is extremely high in the event of a company closing. For myself, I chose the path of combining business with pleasure. I began to get involved in poker, turning it into a sport. Perhaps the period of the divorce process will seem morally difficult for you, and you want to try to get distracted, so you can try  It is not as difficult as it might seem but insanely exciting. You can also make new acquaintances and friends.

Thanks for your advice!