L2 Service

Monions

Question

Hi,

I've just noticed that you no longer offer a rebate for LSE Live and L2 data feeds. You used to rebate the monthly charge if at least one trade were placed per month. Has this now been removed?

I looked at the IG L2 service earlier in the year and felt it was too light compared to that offered by LSE.co.uk and ADVFN. However, I would like to review it again as I am unhappy with the performance I currently get from my other supplier. If possible I would prefer to consolidate it in the IG account.

Mark.

2 answers to this question

Guest anders

I hand't spotted this until now, but checking back I see there was an email on the 22 June. The rebate on LSE has been removed. Instead, we get Live prices for free.

I was subscribed to level 2 for the LSE, and received the rebate before the change. I would say that level 2 on IG, while well priced compared to say ADVFN, was of limited use unless you use their level 2 dealer application. Within Web and the app, it only displays the top 4 lines of the level 2 data, with no way to view more. Consequently, it isn't as useful as it might be on Web and app.

I asked about it here: https://community.ig.com/t5/Web-platform-and-Apps/Level-2-data/m-p/12138

Thanks Anders,

That's what I was concerned about. The four lines with no detailed information or names of Market Makers against each buy/sell order is too limited. It also has to be web based as I use Macs and therefore the L2 trader platform is not an option.

I'll look for other L2 suppliers.

Archived