Jump to content

FX interest EUR/MXN


Recommended Posts

Hi  @MongiIG or any one else at IG,

Just a quick question. There was no overnight FX interest applied to my EUR/MXN last night, and I also noticed on gold it was for 5 days.

I presume this week is a bit different because of Easter. Do you know if tonight is the usual Wednesday night 3X, and particularly what happens to the EUR/MXN this week?

Normally I try to avoid having any positions open that have big negative carry on a Wednesday night but wondering when that will hit this week.

Many thanks!

Cate

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, cate said:

Hi  @MongiIG or any one else at IG,

Just a quick question. There was no overnight FX interest applied to my EUR/MXN last night, and I also noticed on gold it was for 5 days.

I presume this week is a bit different because of Easter. Do you know if tonight is the usual Wednesday night 3X, and particularly what happens to the EUR/MXN this week?

Normally I try to avoid having any positions open that have big negative carry on a Wednesday night but wondering when that will hit this week.

Many thanks!

Cate

Hi @cate

Thanks for reaching out. 

As most pairs settle on a T+2 basis you usually pay 3 days of funding when you hold a position through 10pm on a Wednesday (paying for the weekend). As we have two bank holidays, it will cost 5 days overnight funding when you have your position open until Tuesday. 

Thanks, 

OfentseIG

  • Like 1
Link to comment
18 hours ago, OfentseIG said:

Hi @cate

Thanks for reaching out. 

As most pairs settle on a T+2 basis you usually pay 3 days of funding when you hold a position through 10pm on a Wednesday (paying for the weekend). As we have two bank holidays, it will cost 5 days overnight funding when you have your position open until Tuesday. 

Thanks, 

OfentseIG

Hi @OfentseIG,

Would you be able to check what is happening with EUR/MXN this week? Last night they applied only a single day of FX funding, and the night before none. I'm wondering which night the 5x rate will apply. I lifted all my other negative carry positions before 10 last night because I didn't want to be hit by the 5x charges so I don't know whether it was just EUR/MXN that was different or whether none of them did what you expected. I don't want to put everything back today and get hit with 5x interest tonight.

Thanks,

Cate

Link to comment
6 hours ago, cate said:

Hi @OfentseIG,

Would you be able to check what is happening with EUR/MXN this week? Last night they applied only a single day of FX funding, and the night before none. I'm wondering which night the 5x rate will apply. I lifted all my other negative carry positions before 10 last night because I didn't want to be hit by the 5x charges so I don't know whether it was just EUR/MXN that was different or whether none of them did what you expected. I don't want to put everything back today and get hit with 5x interest tonight.

Thanks,

Cate

Hi @cate

We can check with the relevant team for you. How long did you have EUR/MXN open? We are unable to ask further information on your account as this is a public platform. If you are able to confirm the time you opened and closed the position, we would really appreciate it. 

Thanks, OfentseIG

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Thanks @OfentseIG. I didn't want to bother you with all that.   I'm not worried about what happened,  just wondering if  tonight was going to be the 5x since it wasn't last night. But probably safest to close things down now before Easter anyway because things can be a bit unpredictable, so I've closed out my EUR/MXN positions.

Thanks again, 

Cate

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

  • Posts

    • This content is based on my personal opinion and not a financial advise for readers hence ensure you DYOR before investing. Resources: https://www.odaily.news/en/newsflash/380143 No doubt memecoin has seen tremendous adoption over the last 6 with more capital inflowing into the memecoin sector. The artificial intelligence sector and RWA sector is another sector that looks promising but the crazy gains recorded from memecoin in the first quarter of the year might have been the reason for investors to shift their focus to memecoin.  With BTC only managing 48% gain since the beginning of 2024, tokens like WIF, PEPE and floki surged by 1300%, 815% and 392% respectively. Among the top 10 tokens, BGB the native token of Bitget was the only exchange token to find it's way up returning 100% to investors in 6 months. While the second half of the year hold a lot of promise due to anticipation of BTC post halving bullrun, a lot of investors are looking to invest in a tokens with decent ROI potential and memecoin looks the best option to many. Not disputing the crazy gains that might comes with investing in memecoin, the risk of losing it all is also higher especially investing in new memecoins. Considering the continuous growth, expansion and ecosystem development of Bitget, BGB holds a great potential with minimal risk compared to memecoin. Additionally, the entry point is still very great for both new and old investors. What sectors do you think will lead in the bullrun proper? Will memecoin still lead the year or will AI, Gaming, RWA pull a surprise. Share your thoughts.
    • Yeah! I think I would have to agree with you on this as I have benefited a lot from the event this recent times & I have plans of leveraging the event for a long time.
    • Join the BYDFi Demo Trade Profit Posting and grab your chance to share in a 10,000 USDT prize pool!  Show off your trading skills, post your profits, and let's see who comes out on top! Don't miss out on this chance to win big! 🎉
×
×
  • Create New...
us