Sign in to follow this  

NinjaTrader

NinjaTrader has become one of the most widely used trading tools in the USA and is very popular here in the UK because of its rich functionality and excellent support community, custom indicators etc. For example I use range bars with cumulative delta and order flow, none of which is available on the IG or ProRealTime platforms, but they are on Ninja and its add-ons. MT4/5 just does not compete.

So my question is whether or not IG intend to link up with the NinjaTrader platform and provide it as a trading platform option? I believe it is the platform of the future. One problem for UK Ninja users is that you need to set up a US trading account to use it. It would be great if you could use Ninja in conjunction with an IG account. It seems IG might be missing a great opportunity if they do not embrace the popularity of NinjaTrader.

If memory serves me correct then I am sure my FXCM account offers Ninja Trader. I could be wrong but if I recall correctly then FXCM who are a competitor to IG offer Ninja.

Hi , thanks for your message. 

Currently we have no plans on adding Ninja Trader functionality, however I have passed this on to our technical support manager as feedback. We periodically collate all feedback, and if there is sufficient client demand then we do of course seriously review such suggestions. However, given a number of things in the IG road map I don't believe that there will be N.T. integration in the short to mid term.

I would recommend having a good look at the MT4 and ProRealTime offering as there are a number of third party plugins. MT4 specifically supports millions of traders globally, and their 'Market' is a centralized location where you can expand the software with additional expert advisors and technical indicators.

Don't forget that both MT4 and PRT have some great mobile applications which can be used to add flexibility in your trading timetable, and opportunity whilst out and about. 

Thanks, that is very helpful, have discussed with them and they do offer Ninja Trader as you say, with a £10k minimum account size.

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply. I have used both MT4 and PRT, also checked out their plug-ins, neither of which provide what I need.

I think IG are missing an opportunity, as the only way retail traders can develop an edge is through innovation. The Ninja community would be a welcome addition I am sure.

Guest Santy

Hi, Any new palns in IG roadmap to support Ninja Trader platform? I would be definitely interested. Only way forward is to use latest technologies. MT4 might lot of user base only because most brokers support it, but is frustrating for us users to use a technology from Y2K era. Ninja Trader has evolved with new technologies, and the products available to use in it are far more superior for automated trading now a days. Pls pass on this message to your technical team to re evaluate.

Thanks

Santy

FXCM UK offer Ninja Trader if that is of interest to anyone. They have offered it for a while now and certainly a few years.