Unable to activate ProRealTime on demo account

Donatello

Question

When attempting to activate ProRealTime on a demo account I keep receiving "Server Error an error occured while activating ProRealTIme. Please try later".

Has anybody else seen this error?  Any ideas how to resolve or log issue with IG?

FYI: I previously had PRT enabled for my demo accounts, but it disappeared from available options several months ago.

Thanks in advance

PrtActivationError.png

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Hi there!

There are two possible reasons for this issue. First, it could be because your free trial has expired or your subscription is no longer active on your live account. If your free trial has ended and you want to access the ProRealTIme, you'll need to activate it on your live account by going to My IG > Settings > ProRealtime. Also, ensure there are sufficient funds available in your billing account. The charges and rebates can be viewed on the same page.

If your subscription is already active on your live account but you're still unable to activate it on your demo account, please send an email to helpdesk.uk@ig.com. Our team will investigate and assist you in resolving the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

All the best,
AshishIG

T

2 hours ago, AshishIG said:

Hi there!

There are two possible reasons for this issue. First, it could be because your free trial has expired or your subscription is no longer active on your live account. If your free trial has ended and you want to access the ProRealTIme, you'll need to activate it on your live account by going to My IG > Settings > ProRealtime. Also, ensure there are sufficient funds available in your billing account. The charges and rebates can be viewed on the same page.

If your subscription is already active on your live account but you're still unable to activate it on your demo account, please send an email to helpdesk.uk@ig.com. Our team will investigate and assist you in resolving the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

All the best,
AshishIG

Thanks Ashish, you were correct.  the trial period had expired and I did not have an active subscription on the live account as still learning.  After posting my message, a google search showed a lot of other people have had this issue over the last couple of year.  Suggest perhaps adding this answer to the FAQ section.

Don