Connecting IG subscribers to new trading bot

Speedbird168l

Question

Hope someone can help. I have invested in the developing of a trading bot which I would like to offer to IG clients as a subscriber-based service. It is a stand-alone running a script via the IG API, not a plugin to Meta Trader or downloadable application. To connect it will require clients to provide their usernames and password for API key retrieval and connection. I would imagine this will be problematic. Is there another way to onboard/connect subscribers who want to make use of the service?

2 answers to this question

14 hours ago, Speedbird168l said:

Is there another way to onboard/connect subscribers who want to make use of the service?

Be careful, @Speedbird168l. Most jurisdictions (countries) require certification and/or licensing order to provide live trading advice, and direct control over trading others' capital is beyond mere advice.

The US NFA, UK FCA, and EU EFPA all hunt down illegal advisers and brokers. This is why Metaquotes clearly states that all mql5 Market products are for demo trading only, and MT4 and MT5 allow client side switching between demo and live accounts. They walk a fine line but its within a legal loophole.

As most broker-dealers maintain distinctly different action requests for live API access versus demo API access, and if you handle the type of action request for other traders' accounts, this would be risky at best.

The mql5 Market supports a Signals Service, again for "demo purposes." You could register as a Seller there, and pipe your script's actions into MT4 via a bridge (say, via Python), code a system library within MT4 to directly connect your script to MT4, or embed your script into a MT4 Expert Advisor.

Of course, all of this assumes that you're not already certified/licensed.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this post may be construed to be legal advice. The poster is not a licensed attorney. For legal advice advice regarding any specific situation, you should consult a licensed professional attorney in your jurisdiction(s).

Edited by JohnnyRy
  • Like 1

Check with your programmer if they're capable to make it possible within trading bot. I've been messaging one guy while back on fiverr or upwork who said that he can make it happen. I didn't go into details with him as it was beyond the scope of what I was looking for back then.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart, 4 March 24, Dogecoin/ U.S. dollar(DOGEUSD) DOGEUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Follow Trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave III Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave (I) of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: 0.0770 Details: Wave III is Equal to 161.8% of Wave I at 0.1575 Dogecoin/ U.S. dollar(DOGEUSD)Trading Strategy: Dogecoin has entered a full-blown uptrend. Which is currently an increase of Wave III with a chance to test the level of 0.1575. Therefore, Dogecoin overall is in an uptrend. And there is still a chance to increase continuously. Dogecoin/ U.S. dollar(DOGEUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an Uptrend, Wave Oscillator is a bullish Momentum. TradingLounge Analyst: Kittiampon Somboonsod, CEWA Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!         Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge 4Hr Chart, 4 March 24, Dogecoin/ U.S. dollar(DOGEUSD) DOGEUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Follow Trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave III Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave (I) of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: 0.0770 Details: Wave III is Equal to 161.8% of Wave I at 0.1575 Dogecoin/ U.S. dollar(DOGEUSD)Trading Strategy: Dogecoin has entered a full-blown uptrend. Which is currently an increase of Wave III with a chance to test the level of 0.1575. Therefore, Dogecoin overall is in an uptrend. And there is still a chance to increase continuously. Dogecoin/ U.S. dollar(DOGEUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an Uptrend, Wave Oscillator is a bullish Momentum.    
    • Crypto trading is a bit complicated when it comes to understanding the dynamics in profit making. Some people are more inclined to technical analysis which of course has been the widely used trading tool but some are more inclined to fundamentals but sticking to fundamentals alone could be highly risky in my own opinion even though crypto is also financial instrument that often respond to news updates.  A blend of the two could provide a safety net for traders in minimizing losses compared to potential profit. The above case scenario is largely attributed to perp futures trading and other derivatives. TA and FA could also be very useful for spot trading but I feel timely listing of projects could largely determine one's profit from investing in a project. These may not be for all projects cos some are **** coins. This could be a personal perspective but I have noticed listing speed is also another important factor to consider along with project fundamentals when trading and if we are to include listing speed as a factor for choosing trade then it will affect our choice of trading platform cos some are more inclined to top cap projects while others are more inclined low cap gems.   My experience with ORDI has proven this trading skill rewarding. ORDI was first listed on Bitget before other exchange joined the listing party after it saw rapid adoption reflecting in it significant MCap growth. This chart should give us a glimpse of my experience with this strategy.
    • In a stunning display of market momentum, the PANDORA token, the first of its kind, has skyrocketed an astonishing 4872% from its introduction on February 2nd to February 7th. This remarkable performance has not only caught the attention of cryptocurrency enthusiasts but has also solidified PANDORA’s position as a groundbreaking asset in the digital currency landscape. Pandora's ERC-404 protocol revolutionizes the token landscape by seamlessly blending the qualities of ERC20 and ERC721 standards. This experimental mixed implementation enables persistent liquidity and non-fungibility for NFTs, unlocking a realm of possibilities previously unexplored. Adding to the excitement, Bitget Wallet is gearing up to introduce a specialized section dedicated to ERC-404 token market listings. This feature creates a hub for tokens that blend the best of both worlds—the liquidity of ERC-20s and the uniqueness of ERC-721 NFTs. I have come to believe that, the electrifying surge of PANDORA token and the innovative ERC-404 standard is not just a fleeting trend but a window into the future of cryptocurrency.
us