IG Rest API historical prices request will only return 20 observations at a time

colintbowers

Question

The following url string for a HTTP GET request for historical price data via the rest api:

"https://api.ig.com/gateway/deal/prices/IX.D.ASX.IFT.IP?resolution=MINUTE&from=2023-11-14&to=2023-11-15&max=9999"

will only return 20 observations.

In fact, no matter what I try, I can't seem to get more than 20 observations in one go. I've checked the allowance and I have thousands left. There just appears to be some sort of cap preventing me from getting more than 20 observations at a time.

If anyone can see what is wrong, I'd be much obliged.

Cheers,

Colin

2 answers to this question

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Ready to experience the power of the latest Telegram Signal Bot? Explore the exchange BetterTest Event and witness the potential for yourself! Experience firsthand the accuracy and efficiency of a unique signal bot in real-time trading scenarios. Test its capabilities and see how it can enhance your trading experience. Why Participate? - Refine User Experience: Help us improve the product by providing valuable feedback. - Enhance Audience Reach: Leverage your dedicated audience channels more effectively. - Community Management: Intuitively manage your communities and improve follower quality. - Top Channel Management Tool: Collaborate with us to create an industry-leading platform. Will you miss this opportunity to engage with exchange cutting-edge technology and take your trading to the next level?
    • Memecoins are super volatile, but if you're holding from here, keep an SL at break even & chill!
    • Grabbed a little bag, let's see how it goes!
us