IG Rest API historical prices request will only return 20 observations at a time

colintbowers

Question

The following url string for a HTTP GET request for historical price data via the rest api:

"https://api.ig.com/gateway/deal/prices/IX.D.ASX.IFT.IP?resolution=MINUTE&from=2023-11-14&to=2023-11-15&max=9999"

will only return 20 observations.

In fact, no matter what I try, I can't seem to get more than 20 observations in one go. I've checked the allowance and I have thousands left. There just appears to be some sort of cap preventing me from getting more than 20 observations at a time.

If anyone can see what is wrong, I'd be much obliged.

Cheers,

Colin

2 answers to this question

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• By using the code "top100list", players can enjoy a staggering 60% rakeback. This unique opportunity allows you to earn back a significant portion of your deposit, enhancing your sessions and maximizing your potential returns. Gamdom’s commitment to providing value to its users makes it a top choice for people looking to get the most out of their opportunities.
    • Kick off 2024 with an unbeatable offer from Stake! Utilize the bonus code "Hella200" to secure a massive 200% deposit bonus, going up to $3000. This incredible opportunity maximizes your playing potential, giving you triple the amount of your initial deposit to enjoy on a wide range of trading opportunities.
    • Maximize your gaming experience in 2024 with the Stake US bonus code "HellaUSA". By using this code, you can instantly receive 55 Stake Cash (SC) and 260,000 Gold Coins (GC). This generous offer boosts your playing resources significantly, allowing you to explore more games and opportunities within the Stake US platform. Don't miss out on this chance to enhance your gameplay and increase your potential winnings with this exciting bonus!
us