Demo Account - position closed at a non existing price?

jaz000

Question

I'm only using a demo account (spread bet), but I just had a position closed at a price that doesn't exist.

Short position closed with, Time=13:01 Tesla Motors Inc (All Sessions) Buy £0.50 per point @ 21532
buy price peaked at time=11:18am @ 21517 and has been lower ever since (position was opened after this anyway)

Can anyone explain why this happened?

I would have to understand this if I was to put real money into this account!

2 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, jaz000 said:

I'm only using a demo account (spread bet), but I just had a position closed at a price that doesn't exist.

Short position closed with, Time=13:01 Tesla Motors Inc (All Sessions) Buy £0.50 per point @ 21532
buy price peaked at time=11:18am @ 21517 and has been lower ever since (position was opened after this anyway)

Can anyone explain why this happened?

I would have to understand this if I was to put real money into this account!

Dear @jaz000,

Thank you for your post! I hope you're having a great week. Just wanted to let you know that sometimes, due to market conditions, it's possible for a trade to not close at the exact level you requested, which can result in slippage. For more information on slippage, please check out our help and support page: Slippage

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

- KoketsoIG

Take a look at this chart (1 min interval).
The vertical line is the time the short position was opened and the horizontal line is the stop value set and the exact price it executed at 17 mins later.

Is that "slippage"? Why did it even trigger?

chart.png

history.png