Can IG Swiss force close my winning position ?

123abc

Question

Q1. If I open a long-term CFD position in a crypto, and ensure my account is sufficiently funded for any potential margin calls, can IG Swiss close my winning position if leave it open and running in profit for a year ?

Q2. What are my deal/contract rights on a crypto CFD for a long-term profitable open position ?

Edited by 123abc

3 answers to this question

14 hours ago, 123abc said:

Q1. If I open a long-term CFD position in a crypto, and ensure my account is sufficiently funded for any potential margin calls, can IG Swiss close my winning position if leave it open and running in profit for a year ?

Q2. What are my deal/contract rights on a crypto CFD for a long-term profitable open position ?

Dear @123abc,

Thank you for your post.

Please note that IG can only close your positions if:

- Your go-on margin call

- Your stop or limit was closed (this will be automatically closed by the system at the requested levels)

Please have a look at our customer agreements about margin trading from our website: Terms and Agreements, however, it is important that you monitor all of your positions closely. It is your responsibility to monitor your positions and during the period that you have any open Contracts or Transactions, you should always have the ability to access your accounts.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

- KoketsoIG

I'm concerned about the following statement...

"IG also reserves the right to terminate any CFD contract unilaterally if it considers that the conditions of the contract have been violated."

What does this above statement mean? I am concerned if IG reserves the right to force close a long-term profitable position.

https://www.ig.com/content/dam/publicsites/igcom/ch/files/ch_en_kids/non_lr/updated_CHE EN Non-Limited Risk Cryptocurrencies.pdf

28 minutes ago, 123abc said:

I'm concerned about the following statement...

"IG also reserves the right to terminate any CFD contract unilaterally if it considers that the conditions of the contract have been violated."

What does this above statement mean? I am concerned if IG reserves the right to force close a long-term profitable position.

https://www.ig.com/content/dam/publicsites/igcom/ch/files/ch_en_kids/non_lr/updated_CHE EN Non-Limited Risk Cryptocurrencies.pdf

@123abc,

Please note this goes back to the funds required to keep the position open, if your equity falls below your required margin, your position will be closed. Opening a position requires having enough margin to keep a position open.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

- KoketsoIG