demo position total wrong

bvgriffiths

Question

The position total (should be a sum of the win/loss of open trades) is sometimes showing a total about 10'000 & 20'000 times larger than it should.

The problem is intermittent (lasts for 1 or so minutes, every 5 or so minutes) and seems to be happening to trades priced in €: when the wrong account balance is shown, new trades that are priced in € show margin requirements that are 100s of times bigger than the nominal value of the trade. The issue effects charges and closed trades.

This is happening on the android app as well as the web platform.

I have attached some examples:

Position totals:

Screenshotnormal.png.7a4869170301c4ae3cb0ee4e8d07220a.pngScreenshot10000.png.2d446bcd88ef4ac078e1eebb444cc2cb.pngScreenshot20000.png.131911b784f7c5bc94f873c5058aac0c.png

New trades:

Screenshotnewtradenormal.png.bb46e900637f1e1c331f00dd6ef3f8e1.png  Screenshotnewtrade10000.png.18fd6f9be3f806c4f63981b36ea58c89.png

7 answers to this question

I have simular problem after easter holiday. I have asked help and support, here's what he responsed:

Dear Client,
Thanks for your email.

We apologise for the inconvenience, it can sometimes happen that in dmo accounts the profit/loss calculation appears incorrectly
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Albertchanhowan said:

I have simular problem after easter holiday. I have asked help and support, here's what he responsed:

Dear Client,
Thanks for your email.

We apologise for the inconvenience, it can sometimes happen that in dmo accounts the profit/loss calculation appears incorrectly

Issue started after Easter for me too, seems like a bigger problem than a normal error / rounding issue...

This morning I had a 135'000CHF interest charge on 35'000CHF nominal positions.

In case you are wondering why this is happenlng:

The currency exchange rate bounces between a correct value and a ridiculous value. Therefore every time the currency rate is completely off, you see the numbers that are way off the expected values.

After a while the currency exchange rate drops back to the real value, and everything looks right, before going back to a ridiculous value.

While this happens in the demo account, there is nothing strange going on in the live acccount. There the currency exchange rate is correct and everything works fine there.

I know this information, since I am using the API to get market data, and there you get the exchange rate as information and I can see the value going back and forth between real exchange rate and something 1000x off the expected value.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies.

I did notice a wild price in the Netherlands25(40€) index on Tues 5th March 2024 at 11:30 it posted OHLC : 856, 873, 147, 849
The low of 147 (-80%) popped up at 11:30 for a very short time during a period of price outage.
It showed on my live prices, I do wonder what would have happened to an open trade during that time (I started using guaranteed stops). I guess it can happen for real occasionally.

I understand that the demo accounts are a low priority, but where this regular exchange rate noise could be coming from is strange.

I have got replied from the IG support, here is what he said:

Sorry for the inconvenience. We will ask IT team to fix demo account problem.

Live account does not have this issue.

I think you should let him know your problem and get fixed it.

• Like 1