Logging in on app kicks me out of the web, and vice versa.

Kontrarian

Question

This morning I am no longer able to keep logged on my phone on the Android app and the web-version on my PC at the same time.
This is simply intolerable and it needs fixing.

I have had this issue once in a blue moon for very short periods (minutes) - but now it is as if a feature.
What can be done?

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, Kontrarian said:

This morning I am no longer able to keep logged on my phone on the Android app and the web-version on my PC at the same time.
This is simply intolerable and it needs fixing.

I have had this issue once in a blue moon for very short periods (minutes) - but now it is as if a feature.
What can be done?

Dear @Kontrarian,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the IG community!

Please find the below troubleshooting steps for both web and app:

WEB

1. Log out > Close all browser windows > Relaunch browser and log back in.
  2. Clear Cookies and Cache (Ctrl+Shift+Del In Chrome), make sure all time or duration is selected. Restart the browser to fully complete the process. (Old platform commonly encounters caching issues, clearing them will generally solve most display issues.)
  3. Try another browser - Chrome is recommended, however, Firefox/Opera are great alternatives.
  4. Try the browser's incognito (private) browsing mode.

iOS & Android

• Log out, force close the app and then log back in.
  • Ensure that your app has been updated to the latest version.
  • Ensure that you are using a good stable WiFi connection or 4G mobile data. Try switching between the two network services to see if it could be a temporary issue on either connection.
  • Delete the app and do a fresh installation of the app.
  • Restart the mobile device.

All the best,

KoketsoIG

- KoketsoIG