MT 4 customised time frame charts - missing data

Guest igbirdman

Guest igbirdman

Can anyone help with how to download the missing data on MT 4 customised time period charts.

I have created 6 hour and 12 hour charts for a selection of pairs on the IG MT 4 trading platform based on the 1 minute chart but only a few candles have appeared. It seems to be only using the last few days data. Is there a way of getting the missing data for say the last year or so?

I would appreciate any help on this matter.

Many thanks

igbirdman

Hi ,  to create a chart, open the chart in the time frame directly below the one you want to make, so to make a 6 hr chart open a 4 hr, then open the bar changer app from the 4 hr chart..

In the diag box the Timeframe for the new 6 hr offline chart is 6 x 60 min so enter 360 and then the 'Shift bar time' from 4hr to 6 hr is plus 120 (min). Click ok.

The new chart should then be in the offline chart list to open.

Remember you need to keep the 4 hour chart open to provide the data feed for the 6 hr chart.

bar1.PNGbar2.PNGbar3.PNG

Guest igbirdman

Many thanks for this info, but I am unable to find the -IG Bar Changer -  app. The changer I am using at the moment only works on the 1 Min chart, hence I need to be able to download historical data set with the (£) ie. GBP USD(£). I can find the standard sets ie. GBP USD but they do not seem to be recognised in the IG version of MT 4 which seems to use the (£) suffix to each pair. Any further help you could give would be appreciated.

,  you can find the download for the IG MT4  apps at link below (all 18 in 1 download) and the bar changer is amongst them.

https://www.ig.com/uk/mt4-apps

From your download folder just open the the MT4 apps file while MT4 is running and will auto-load, will probably need to close and re-open MT4.

Some will be placed in the 'indicators' list, others are placed in the 'expert advisers' list. 

apps1.PNG

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• Thanks for the input,  The issue is being resolved.  IG took a position Twice.  Remedy is imminent.
    • Prepare to witness a paradigm shift in Bitcoin Layer 2 solutions with Merlin Chain, an innovative platform that integrates the ZK-rollup network, decentralized oracle, and on-chain BTC anti-fraud module. With seamless compatibility with the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), Merlin Chain sets new standards for security, transparency, and interoperability in the blockchain ecosystem.  Creating a Safe and Transparent Environment: At the core of Merlin Chain's mission lies its commitment to creating a safe and transparent environment for all investors. By integrating anti-fraud security solutions directly into the blockchain, Merlin Chain mitigates the risk of fraudulent activities and ensures the integrity of transactions. With Merlin Chain, users can trust that their assets are protected and transactions are executed with the highest level of security and transparency. Excitement mounts as Merlin Chain (MERL) prepares for listing on Bitget Exchange on April 19th, 2024, at 10:00 (UTC). This milestone event not only amplifies Merlin Chain's visibility but also provides users with a trusted platform to trade and engage with the MERL token. As Merlin Chain continues to push the boundaries of Bitcoin Layer 2 solutions, its listing on Bitget Exchange marks a significant step forward in its journey towards broader recognition and adoption.
    • Rarible is a revolutionary platform for artists and creators in the digital world. It functions as both: Software: Artists can use it to create and sell unique crypto assets representing ownership of their digital work, like illustrations or animations. These are known as Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs). Marketplace: Buyers can discover and purchase these NFTs directly from creators, eliminating the need for intermediaries.   Built for the Community: It is a community-owned marketplace, powered by its native token, RARI. Owning RARI tokens gives holders a voice in shaping the platform’s future.   Exciting News! Rarible recently listed its token (RARI) on the Bitget exchange, along with a “candybomb” event to reward holders. This is a great opportunity for artists and crypto enthusiasts alike to explore the world of NFTs on Rarible.
us