Sign in to follow this  

bitcoin

I am lost for words. I think IG were trying to improve accessibility to Bitcoin.

I think it just makes it available to those who want to allocate lower amounts of capital to the trade or those who cannot afford to allocate more. 

I still think the margin requirements are far too high bearing in mind the amount of risk involved in trading Bitcoin.

yes agree, those margin requirements are way too much

Hi all - I'm not sure I follow. Margins on bitcoin are high because they are volatile. A 30% margin is a leverage of (basically) 3:1 which reduces risk of falling into a negative equity. The more capital required to open a trade, the safer the trade and the less exposure you would have. 

haha, only thing that makes a trade "safer" for me is when price goes in my direction !

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    LIMEGARDEN
    Joined 17/10/19 08:23
    • yes, keep away from ftse and gbpusd until brexit is sorted, yesterday was deal done, then last night no deal, then this morning deal done at 2am news released about half an hour ago, that's why it's all over the place. look at these dax and ftse HA M5 charts.  
    • Dax moving up to test yesterday's highs, Dow powers up to the pivot, if Dow can break the pivot Dax should see R1 H1 charts;
    • Not got anything out of the market today either. Gonna look for new strategies, different assets, different timeframes, ... Any suggestions welcome. Also probably back to Demo for a while.