OCO order

Hi ,

At the moment we don't have OCO (one-cancels-other) orders on the platform but we are planning to include them in future releases of our trading platform. 

Sorry we don't offer them currently but we should have them available on the platform soon!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi 

Unfortunately, the OCO facility is still in the pipeline, with no definitive release date.

Thanks for re raising this - it's something that we do get a lot of feedback on and believe me, a lot of us here would love to see it introduced.

Our development team have worked through a list of requirements for the new platform and I believe this to be part of the second release phase.

I've passed this feedback on to our development team and hope that we can give you some more accurate information soon.

Thanks again!

Simon.

• 2 months later...
Guest johntdrums67

Hi SimonC,

Any clues as to when the new platform with OCOs will be released? It's such a handy feature...

Also, would it be at all possible to provide some sort of update re the new platform on the home page so that others are aware of it too?

Cheers, and thanks!

Guest RobertR

Hi , thanks for your post!

I've double checked again with the developers and I'm afraid they were unable to provide a set release date for OCO orders. It has, however, certainly moving forward since the earlier posts in this thread.

As you can imagine, there are many hurdles to jump when releasing a relatively large update and we hope to get it incorporated into the upcoming release on the new web platform for CFD and Share Dealing accounts, but I'm again afraid there isn't a specified roll-out date for this.

Do look out for any communications about this, as it'll definitely be heavily publicised so you'll be made aware via messages on the platform and marketing emails etc.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific, but as always your feedback is being passed on.

Thanks,

Rob

Guest johntdrums67

Hi Rob,

Thanks heaps for the reply. I'll keep a look out for the update announcements re the OCOs.

Just on another note, I am used to trading CFDs and only yesterday decided to try my hand at 'real' shares. I placed an order using the share trading platform, just as I would with CFDs on the CFD platform, but then realised that I couldn't simply place a contingent stop loss order as I normally would with CFDs.

So how does that work? I'm assuming one would just place an opposing trade at a pre-set price in that case, is that right? If so, can it be adjusted to last longer than only one day? Seems like that's the time limit for a trade to sit there...

I apologise for my naivety, but I'm just not familiar with actual share trading.

Cheers and thanks again...

John

Guest RobertR

Hi ,

That's a perfectly valid question and unfortunately is not quite as easy as simply adding the stop level to an open position like you'd be used to on your CFD account.

There's actually another community discussion on how this works. I'd recommend taking a look here.

To summarise, you'll be able to place a Stop - GTC order as a separate order which will act as a stop loss. In regards to how long this lasts, it'll expire after a 90 day period.

Please let me know if you've got any questions regarding the thread linked above, and thanks for your post!

Regards,

Rob.

• 5 months later...

Archived