Sign in to follow this  

ProRealTime DDE Export

Question

Hi,

Has anyone used the realtime DDE Export functionality in PRT?

Does the ProRealtime DDE Export functionality work for IG customers, as explained here:

https://www.prorealtime.com/en/help-manual/dde-data-export

I get up to point 6, but then do not see the option in PRT:

1. Click on the Options menu from the ProRealTime Main window and verify that "Export DDE" is activated.

Thanks

Stef

4 answers to this question

Hi 

The DDE export facility is not available on the IG powered ProRealTime platform. Naturally I can see the value of being able to directly export data so that one can be able to perform their own analysis.

With that said I will pass on your feedback internally as one of the hurdles that would need to be considered for being able to have such a facility would be how being able to export data would be viewed by our exchange counterparties.

I do hope that helps! 

Hi ,

Please do. I can already export market data in realtime to Excel on other platforms I trade on (like IRESS). I just can't do it with IG and IG instruments; like the SA Cash 40, etc.

Regards

Stef

I've got the same problem.

There is another thread "PRT DDE Option Not Available" from October 2015, where IG said they would look into it and report back but I can't see that anything has happened ...

They suggested using the IG API with an Excel/ VBA interface to get at the historic data http://labs.ig.com

I've recently started doing something with this, but a fair degree of expertise is required.

Hi

At this stage DDE export is not in development and as a result will most likely not be added in the near future. We do offer API from the labs.ig.com webstite which can perform the same function but as you noted in your post it does require a certain level of coding experience.

We will keep you posted if there are any developments in terms on DDE exports in ProRealTime.

Thanks

Anton