Sign in to follow this  

Issue with PRT on MACbook (Mavericks)

Question

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone could suggest why I can't get PRT to start on a Macbook.

Java starts - but PRT doesn't appear too.

I've done all the security stuff (Preferences) and all that.

Just wondered if it was some thing so simple that I've overlooked.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Running Mavericks, Firefox, Java (up to date) - done everything possible !

5 answers to this question

Hi 

the only similar problem I ever experienced was a long time ago when, after an update, RPT wouldn't load. This affected many people at the same time. The published fix from IG was to limit the RAM to a max of 2GB. I've never changed it since so don't know if it's still an issue.

Hi ,

Have you tried amending your Mac security settings? To do this, click on the Apple icon in the top left hand corner of your screen and select 'System preferences'. In your preferences please click on Security & Privacy, and ensure you have 'Allow apps downloaded from' set to anywhere (see below).

Do let us know how you get on!

Thanks,
Dan

Hi  the problem with your "fix" is that it creates a breach in the firewall, any WWW Java Malware would be permited to open. OSX allows one to authorise additional Applications but in this case PRT does not look like an application. Can something be done about that?

Hi ,

We'll check with ProRealTime to see whether there is any other potential solutions for this issue. I'll let you know when we've heard back from them.

Cheers,

Dan

Hi ,

ProRealTime have confirmed that the only way to have the charts open automatically every time on a Mac device, running OSX or above, is to select the 'Anywhere' option. If you are concerned about security, you can choose to only allow applications downloaded from 'Mac App Store' or 'Mac App Store and identified developers', but you will then need to go to the Security and Privacy tab and open the charts manually each time:

Thanks,

Dan